3/19, Mia, AMPS: 101 |49 @ +3 | 81 @ +5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Billyjoe A, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Billyjoe A

Billyjoe A Member

Previous Threads

Hi! Missed the note about increasing. I had held the dose at 0.1 and Mia seems to be down to more typical numbers (or even slightly lower preshot numbers.

I have had two dips just below 50, but our other numbers are still above 100. Wondering if I continue to give the 0.1 of lantus? Or do you think she is ready.

Not sure what happened for the few days she was in yellow. Possibly a pate with slightly higher carbs?? She only eats FF, no treats until yesterday and her sister eats LC Fancy Feast

I am going to go through all my pates to make sure they are the lowest of the low carbs.

I now have her set up on an auto feeder for the 24 hour cycle.

Thanks, Billyjoe

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

@tiffmaxee reduce to a drop dose? still a lot of blues though!

Billyjoe A likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

There’s too much blue to try an OTJ trial. I’d try a drop dose. I also suggest you count the number of drops in your .10 dose. If more than two drops I would try half of that. I also would feed to prevent another dip under 50 so that your ss is almost all green even if that means a food slightly higher in carbs.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Well, that's an interesting SS for sure! Look at all those 'below threshold' numbers...

I think I'd be adding some carbs to that diet in an attempt to 'hold her steady' while she's getting that .10 dose. Otherwise you're into the drop the dose down to a 'drop'..and then increase again as the numbers go up. It's a trick to try to feed those lows...but it looks like she insists on tossing them out there...

From where I'm sitting in the bleacher seats, it appears she loves to pull this on you early in the cycle - drops fast and hard in the first hour or three of getting her insulin.

So here's what I'd do: 1)Set a timer to get a 1+, 2+ and 3+ first thing in the morning. 2) The minute you detect that she's dropping like a rock (and she appears to be fond of this), feed some medium carb food 3)If she's dropping at the next hour, then add a little higher carb food to that - the food should slow those drops.

She's getting into precarious territory there and is bouncing back from every drop.

Try to level things off by getting ahead of her - she looks good at AMPS so gets her dose, then responds by taking a quick hike to the lagoon while your back is turned. Time for you to turn the tables on her and jump in front of those dropping numbers...once she starts to figure out that more food is coming early on, she may start to find a way to become more steady thru those lower morning hours...

Work with her a little bit and she may give you a pleasant surprise by coasting on down - but in a little more controlled fashion...you're in charge here :)

Billyjoe A, Bandit's Mom and Kastor like this.