3/24 Cleo AMPS 138 +4 76 +7 84 PMPS 144 +4 78 +7 63 +11 49

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angela & Cleo, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

2. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  3. Amy & Herman

Amy & Herman Well-Known Member

Good morning Angela, sending positive vibes …come on Cleo let’s see some green!

4. Angela & Cleo

Now I KNOW we'll see :D . Miss you tons but I'm glad you don't have to be here anymore :bighug:
    How are you and Herman adjusting to the poke -less life? Is he still getting his picnic snacks:)?

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Angela you probably will see green today lol
    If not good luck with the increase if you increase tonight :bighug::cat:

6. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Good morning Angela and Cleo!
    Have a wonderful Friday :bighug:

7. Angela & Cleo

Oh for the love of green nadir's :banghead::):D I swear she enjoys punking me (as my DH would say).
    I was all set to fix my human error and increase tonight.

With this 76 at +4, do I still increase tonight? @tiffmaxee @Bandit's Mom @Wendy&Neko

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

No. Hold the dose and let’s see what happens.

9. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

Yay for green!! Go Cleo!!!

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With TR, you hold doses with green nadirs for 10 cycles. It's been double that time. I think there are two questions to answer. First, could you monitor closely if you increased? Second, what is your goal with Cleo. Do you want occasional dips to green and series of three days with nothing under 100? Your criteria for reduction is three drops under 50, not sure this dose is going to get you there.

12. Angela & Cleo

Thank you! I learn best by the Socratic Method :) Now I'm sorry for the following which will most likely read as stream of consciousness, its my process :facepalm:.
    I think that I am too lenient by giving her the 'standard' time to clear the bounces. I think that I need to be slightly more aggressive in order to (answer to your second question) achieve my goal of tight regulation. I would love back-to-back cycles of nadirs in the 50s-60s on the FSL.
    My hesitations to increase are (1) my ability to monitor closely every cycle [need to confer with DH regarding weekend plans] and (2) the last time she was on 2 units she gave me a scary lime in the 20s. see 2/22 AMBG. I will acknowledge that 2/22 is a lifetime ago in the world of FD and I should probably get over it :joyful:.

My mindset for Cleo isn't necessarily reduction in dose. A cat needs as much insulin as s/he needs is ingrained in me and the units in the syringe don't bother me. The bouncing does! She's a different cat bouncing into yellows and the WCR grade is a C-. I would rather see more greens and less bouncing. I recall you recently posted in a condo with @Max & Lori a link to a thread by Marje which referenced feeding higher LC to keep kitty on a dose longer. (I'll find it) Do you think that methodology would benefit my bouncy Cleo?

13. Wendy&Neko

You don't have to wait for bounces to clear to increase, but you do want to avoid increases the same cycle they clear the bounce.
    My goal with Neko was not tight regulation. She was an acrocat, with IAA, and those conditions came with some unpredictability. My goal was as much time under renal threshold as possible. That mean at most low yellows. I did find the sweet spot for her, and that was nadirs in the 70's, and that would mean less bouncing, more flat blues with some green. You did mention you had recently started using calipers. I found that helped me gain consistency and helped level things out too. Hoping you'll get where you can find that sweet spot too and keep her out of the unhappy yellows. Side note, I was thrilled when Neko stopped bouncing to reds after a year. :rolleyes:

What percent food is Cleo getting on average? I see reference to some higher LC's on the spreadsheet. The goal of the slightly higher LC is to try to flatten her out and prevent her from diving too low to earn reductions before she's really ready for them. Have you read this post: Feeding Low Carb vs Lower Carb Foods Some cats just do better on higher LC carb foods. One extreme case I remember is Babu, here is his spreadsheet, look at the second tab, from the top of the year. Starting 3/21/17 she started adding AD into his diet, cause that's what he'd eat. It's 12%, so a little higher than what we'd suggest. But look what happened to his numbers, starting about a week later. I'm not saying that'll be Cleo, but it might be worth an experiment trying to feed 7-9% foods only for a while.

14. Angela & Cleo

I believe that is what happened this morning. She was clearing the bounce and by happenstance I neglected to increase.

I have read it but quite some time ago. Will definitely reread and refresh, thanks .

Her PMPS is 144. She's definitely heading for a bounce. Perfect timing for an increase.
    However, I decided to use the calipers to up the dose to 1.87U, splitting the difference between 1.75 and 2. After some discussion with DH we're going to hold this new dose for exactly 6 cycles then bother everyone here for opinions and advice. ;):p

For anyone reading, I made this decision to temporarily deviate from the protocol of .25 increments based on my ability to monitor closely over the weekend, my knowledge of my cat, and my current food experiment of removing a protein.

Wendy&Neko and Mikanmama like this.
  15. Wendy&Neko

I hope the little dose nudge does the job. Call what you are doing in dose an experiment. You'll never know until you try. Some cats are sensitive to small changes.