3/26 Cargo AMPS 304, 284@+3, PMPS 329

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mel and Cargo, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Good morning!

Well, my high hopes that the asthma medication would fix Cargo are pretty much dashed at this point so I'm back to climbing the dosage latter. Does anyone have a problem with my upping him to 2u? Yes, he recently had nadirs under 100 to technically per TR I'm supposed to wait 10 cycles, but it seemed to have been a fluke and was a one off. These last few days he's been feeling hungrier and hungrier and I hate seeing him regress.

Thanks and I hope all kitties and beans are well!

2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

I really hope this increase does the trick!

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good decision on your part following the TR dosing method to increase to 2. Let's hope that dose does the trick to help bring those numbers down :)

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  4. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Thank Karen and Sue! I probably waited too long, but I really thought his numbers would plummet when his asthma was under control. Rookie mistake! Ha!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the increase!:bighug: Sometimes you've gotta chase those high numbers for a while and stay on top of taking the increases when earned. I've done the chase with Butters a couple of times so far. I hope Cargo comes back down soon.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

@Butters & Lyla Ok, so this is normal? To get really close and then have to chase? How long does it last? How high did Butters go?

7. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Wishing you good success with the increase, Melinda and Cargo! I also have an asthmatic - what medications does Cargo take?

8. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yes it happens to many kitties. When Butters had a particularly bad acute pancreatitis attack back in October, she was on 1u of insulin and we were seeing greens. I had to chase her from 1u all the way up to 4.25u before getting her back into good numbers again. Then she started going down the dosing ladder and currently we are at .75u.
    So try to hang in there and don't focus on the amount of the dose. Focus on getting Cargo into those good numbers. Kitties need as much insulin as they need, and their needs can change.

Bandit's Mom and Mel and Cargo like this.
  9. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Thank you so much Lyla! What would I do without your wise words! :bighug::bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  10. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Hi Margaret! He's on a twice daily single puff of Flovent and then has Albuterol for attacks. Fortunately since he's been taking the Flovent better he hasn't had any attacks so that's been a huge relief for me, and I'm sure for him! In fact, he's not been puking quite as often either I just noticed! <anti-jynx>
    How many puffs does Pearl take? Sorry if that's a stupid question - maybe 1 is the only option! :facepalm::D