3/27 Atticus has been drooling

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Monica and Atticus (GA), Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica and Atticus (GA)

Monica and Atticus (GA) Member

Good morning, LL! Hope all is well today. I've been coming in every day, but I'm not always able to post in condos. When I'm on the board during work I have to do it from my phone, and I'm not expert at typing long messages on the phone. When you see a really short post from me, I'm on my phone!

So all seems mostly well with Atticus, except I've noticed him drooling a couple of times. Yesterday, he was on my lap and purring, then a long string of drool appeared out of the side of his mouth. And about a week or so ago, he was rubbing his face on the laptop (which he's always done) when he started kind of gumming the corner of it, and then drooled down the screen. I wrote that off, but the long drool string yesterday worried me. He's never been a pleasure-drooler before.
    He's acting just fine, plenty of appetite and plenty of energy. He doesn't seem to be having any trouble eating. His BG was 62 yesterday.

He seems like he's been having skin problems so I started Zrytec this weekend, but the first instance of drooling happened before that.
    He's never had a dental, and I know he's due for one soon, but when I talked to the vet a couple of weeks ago, we agreed to give him bit of a break for a while. I'm calling her today- maybe he needs that dental sooner rather than later?
    Thoughts?

Hope everybody has a great day!

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Good morning! I don't have any ideas on the drool but wanted to stop in and say hello!

3. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Vyktor started dribbling when his teeth were giving him trouble - before he went off his food - so it could definitely be that.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

And some cats just drool. I had a civvie who would drool when she purred. Since Gabby has lost canines, she will have some drool escape when she purrs.

5. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I'd keep an eye on it for sure. Watch for signs of irritation. Victoria is a pleasure drooler big time. But does not drool otherwise. It can be a sign of illness also if its nausea related. But you don't see hanging out at the water bowl or a drop in appetite right? I'd think teeth also.

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. glad to hear atticus is doing well other then the drooling .. neither of my girls used to drool, but since mocha's dental, like gabby, she lost her canines, and several other teeth :oops: and now drools anytime she's sleeping .. and her tongue fall's out .. :oops: Good thing she's not looking for a man :lol: :lol: :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.