3/28 Mr Kitty AMPS 85, +3 114

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by FrostD, Mar 28, 2021.

1. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Last post

Mr Kitty! What kind of funny business did you get into last night?! :eek: Maybe I really should stick with the +3/+4 as a gauge.

Only slightly terrified to shoot the 85, DH going to have a panic attack when I tell him :rolleyes:

It's small amounts of LC for fast drops/numbers down to 50 right? Below 50 HC, honey/karo if needed? Or below 40 since he's long term?

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

My opinion: If you're shooting that 85, I'd start with getting a +1 and a +2 to see how Mr. Kitty gets on. If staying flat, I'd stick with small bits of LC and continue testing hourly. Not too much LC; you want to keep him hungry. If Mr. Kitty appears to be diving lower toward 50 early in the cycle, I'd give a tiny bit of MC to slow him down. Otherwise I'd stick with LC food.
    If you were giving him MC early in the cycle to slow a drop but he still went below 50, then I'd give him a little HC and retest in 30. But if he goes below 50 later in the cycle, then I'd use a bit of MC food to bring him up, and retest in 30. It really depends how carb sensitive Mr. Kitty is. I personally break out the syrup if I'm really struggling to keep Butters above 50 or if she had dropped <40.

3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I shot it alright, I saw an opportunity for data and took it! Might regret that shortly...

Waiting for our usual "what was Mr kitty this morning? ..... You better not have shot the full dose!" conversation. Very hard to ditch the Vetsulin/ProZinc mindset where this likely would kill him or end up in ER

4. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

So far it seems all is well as far as that you shot the full dose and no deep dives taking place :)