3/3 Ruby *sunny pic PMPS 91/+2 79/+4 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday on The Ruby Cat Chronicles. :cat:

Ruby’s preshots have been climbing and she’s not hitting the 50s much. I’d like to take her dose up tonight by .125 to see how she fares. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Still on poop watch. Gave her ⅛ tsp Miralax twice yesterday. Gave her ¼ tsp this morning. Getting very worried.

Healing thoughts for all of the sick kitties. Have a good day, everyone. :bighug::bighug:

RachelG and thebigfuzz like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you get some poop today. It depends on what kind of nadirs you want as to whether you should increase the dose.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

I’d like to see Ruby run lower than she has been. Increasing the dose might not bring the preshots down but if she spends more time to in the 50-60 range at nadir I would be happier.

4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good luck with whatever you decide! If it were me, I'd tag whoever has helped you with dosing before and/or throw up the question to your subject line to get eyes. From what I understand 0.125 increases aren't typically used. Increasing the dose may bring down pre-shots as you may get longer duration; also, I've seen Marje say the cat's body doesn't know the difference between 80s and 90s vs 50s and 60s (one example here).

Surf safely, Ruby :cat:

5. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks, Susanne, and with that +3.5 number o_O, NEVERMIND! :rolleyes::smuggrin: And a poop is happening as I type! Yippee! I should buy a lottery ticket, my wishing skills are so good today! :p

It's dawning on me that I might have to accept that Ruby might be a long term low dose cat. Her appetite is more of a concern for me right now, and coming up with a plan to manage that long term with her vets.

JOJI and Kit and JaxBenji like this.
  6. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

lol I just saw your title and was coming here to make sure you weren't going to increase :p

so hard to wrap one's head around isn't it...and who knows what the future holds...I know I just wish I could make Jax "better" but the insulin IS addressing the diabetes - I have to remind myself of that:rolleyes:. Hang in there :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Katherine&Ruby

I know, look at Tyler. He took his sweet time, bless his little soul. :kiss: I should be happy that her sugar levels are under control and aren't making her feel sick anymore.

8. RachelG

RachelG Member

I would totally tune into the Ruby Cat Chronicles Web Serious. IJS...

Yay for poops and eating fuds!

IMHO it's better to have those beautiful healing greens with some blues than lime greens and danger zones! I am not used to Fortune's blues, but excited/nervous for them to show up (even though I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night), and hopefully get to those greens safely. It's all relative! :bighug:

9. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

and today's appreciation for best update goes to .... typing poop!

10. Katherine&Ruby

It's a riveting series, Rachel, I assure you! :p Full of drama over uneaten bowls of watery pate, handwringing over the litter box, and the joys of pilling! :joyful:

In all seriousness, I'm relieved that the cyproheptadine is helping her eat and grateful for the appearance of poop. As far as her numbers go, Ruby's pretty flat usually and rarely surprises me although this morning's drop was a nice one. o_O As Susanne wisely points out, Ruby's diabetes is very much under control and I am happy about that. Just wish I had a handle on why her appetite is so off. Still have not heard from the vet yet.

Miralax is our new best friend!:cool:

JOJI and Kit and RachelG like this.
  11. RachelG

RachelG Member

There she goes keeping things exciting for you with that drop! ;)

I'm so glad the cypro worked! Did your vet prescribe it? I want to try it with Fortune. He IS eating, but smaller meals more frequently and chewing like he is nauseous. So I'm thinking one of the meds isn't doing there job...

12. Katherine&Ruby

Enjoying the springtime sun!

11FCC250-82D3-46BD-85C6-801E30AB485E_1_105_c.jpeg

13. Katherine&Ruby

The cypro is so great! Ruby got really loopy on mirtazapine. It made her zoomy, she vocalizes a lot, and was ravenous. The cypro is much more mild, didn't cause those strange behaviors and she wasn't waking us up in the middle of the night for a snack.

14. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Cyproheptadine IS great. I use it for Butters and just a tiny sliver works wonders, without any side effects for her.
    Nice cycle today!

15. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Hello little Ruby! You are looking so nice in your sunny window! She is looking great on her SS, Katherine!

16. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Ruby is such a cuuuuuuuutie!!!! :cat::cat::cat: