3/31 Mookie AMPS 294, +2/362, +4.5/364

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randa & Mookie, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randa & Mookie

Randa & Mookie Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good afternoon,
    Mookie is the bounce meister today after six cycles of mostly green and blue numbers. Yesterday during the AM cycle he dropped to 43, earning a reduction, but I decided to hold the same dose (1.5u) at the PM cycle rather than reducing it. I thought it might prevent a bounce this morning, which it didn't. Perhaps he would have bounced today anyway even if I had taken the reduction. I'm not sure how bounces relate to dose and shed action.

Even with high numbers he seems fine today with all 5 Ps present. I'm not going to test much today because he's resisting pokies. Considering he endured 17 ear pokes yesterday, I think resistance today is an indication of a strong will and a healthy body. :D

Wishing all a happy Saturday. Healing thoughts and vines for Katie, BigMac, Paisley, and all our kitties and beans who are ailing.

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I think the Mookster is wanting a poke break today. It's a good opportunity for you to get out, Randa. I hope he breaks the bounce soon but no drama, Mookie. Have a nice day.

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Stinky pinky! :-x He'll get back to those nice blues and greens very soon. Right Mookie?
    Liz

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

the good news is the little guy gets a break from the ear pokies today - and the bounce will clear and he'll come down. i'm sure he's grateful for the break - hope you did something fun!

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Randa - oh bummer on the bounce. Never fun, and he probably wold have bounced with or without the reduction. He sure did a have a great series of great numbers - all very very good. More often than not it can take about a cycle, maybe two for the shed to drain. The bounce is a reaction to the low number he had - some people will shoot through the bounce (ie, not take the reduction until the next cycle) in order to minimize the degree of the bounce and help bring the higher BG down. You just have to be careful dong that, and monitor during that cycle.

Good news is that YAY! less pokies for Mookie today, and maybe you can do something just for you. I hope you had a good day.

6. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I don't think holding the dose will prevent a bounce but the hope is it will make it less severe. He's had some lovely pancreas healing time though which is just wonderful. Good work Mookie :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.