3/31 Prince AMPS 194. +.25.190+ 1 157.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Prince’s Mom, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

Waiting to shoot. Afraid to hypo.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I can't advise but are you able to stay home and monitor your kitty if the experts say to shoot? Can you retest his glucose now and see what it reads? That 194 might be a bad test.

3. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

I retested 15 minutes later and the194 dropped to 190. I may need to stay home but really need to go to work.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You have shot a 187 just recently. If you can monitor, feed and shoot!

5. Bandit's Mom

194 and 190 are flat within meter variance.

When do you need to leave? Can you get a +2 before you leave?

6. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

He’s down to 175 @ .5. I can get a +1 and a +2

7. Bandit's Mom

He may continue to fall without food. What do you do for feeding when you are at work? And how long will you be gone? All day?

8. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

I really wish he had a more reliable nadir! He’s 170. I’m going to feed and shoot. I’ll work from home at least for the morning.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Do you have an auto feeder for when you have to leave for work? I have a Cat Mate 20 (2 feeders) and others have the Pet Mate that has five auto feeders. They are great when you have to go to work (or anywhere). I even use mine at night when I don't want to get up to feed or leave treats.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  10. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

I don’t, but most days one of my kids (20 and 16) is available to feed him at various times.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  11. Bandit's Mom

Any chance you can teach them to test? At least in active cycles like today?

12. Summer and Susie (GA)

You might want to think about the auto feeder. You will learn there are certain, estimated times that it is best to provide food and that there are certain times when you should not i.e. two hours before and insulin shot or after around +7 (whenever your cat's nadir is). Of course, if kitty ever starts to go low you will need to feed. You also need to prepare a "hypo toolkit". There is a sticky in here that will help with that. https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/jojo-and-bunnys-hypo-tool-box.2354/. It is a comfort for me to have that toolkit in my closet. Susie is no where being close to being hypoglycemic but the day may come when her numbers get lower and lower and I want to be fully prepared for an emergency. If you look at the Lantus forum, in the beginning, you will see a lot of "Sticky" notes. The information in these notes is invaluable and you should take the time to read them. I even printed them out and have them in a notebook to reference whenever I have a question. Good luck with your pretty Prince. Love the picture!

13. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

My daughter maybe. My son is way too squeamish. I’m lucky I work 10 minutes away and usually most days have the flexibility to work from home at least part of the day if needed

14. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

Hypo kit is ready to go. I have needed to use it a couple of times.

15. Bandit's Mom

That's great. I think by +4 if not +2, you should usually have an idea of what the cycle is going to be like.
    I don't know what your shot times are, but any room to advance that so you can get some tests before heading to work?

ETA: Since you stalled 30 mins and shot at 175, your AMPS is 175. A half hour delay a day is okay, so you can shoot at your usual time tonight.

16. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

+4 is 231. Should it be safe for me to head to work if I leave food for the kids to give him? My shot times are 6am and 6 pm so that way I can usually get a +2 in the morning. Those times work best for us right now. This morning’s shot was delayed by closer to 45 minutes. Should I push his PM shot ahead 15- 30 minutes?

17. Bandit's Mom

Yes, safe to leave him and head to work :)

You can move his PM shot ahead 30 mins. That is, you can shoot 11.5 hours from your AM shot.