3/4 Aria

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hope and Aria, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Shot early today (at +9.25) as she was already up to 354 at our wake up and I want to try and keep her dose at 1.2 for a while. Yesterday was a good day, so I'm assuming today might be a bit tougher (we seem to have see saw days)

I don't remember who recommended mixing water in with the wet food to make a nasty, slurpy grossness, but *Thank You*! Ari didn't really feel much like eating yesterday (She took a few bites and then I ended up hand feeding her a bit here and there.) But she did take a few bites this morning of the "slop" so that made me happy. Finally figured out to put the dehydrated chicken in water to make it a bit more appetizing and now my Gira (our civvie) begs for it. I snuck a few pieces in Ari's diet by covering it with kitten food to get some good chunks of meat in her.

Hope you all are having a good start to Thursday. I am ever hopeful.

2. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Hope...We do the 'slop' here, too, and it seems to work! Keep up the great attitude, one day will surprise you how your SugarKitty is finally on target! Keep us posted...

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

We also make the soupy food. Hope, I'm sorry Aria doesn't really like the dried chicken. It's Halo, right? As they say, every cat is different (ECID)! Blackie just loves that chicken. And my civies go crazy when I open the jar - and they hardly every get any either.

I hope Aria continues to give you good numbers.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I read some of your notes right, but it looks like sometimes when you are getting a # over 200 you are waiting til she zooms faster to shoot? If so, you might find that going ahead and shooting on the 200+ helps with some of the seesawing and keeps her in a flatter curve. I might not at a +8, but if it's +10ish or later, most likely she will be zooming by the time the new dose kicks in, so things (one hopes!) will balance out nicely. When you shoot on a +13 also, with Bix at least, I always needed to raise the dose a little to get the same results as at a +12. On that one, I would have shot on the +12 # - since it was higher than a mid-cycle check, that's all you need to know it's a rising #. (I don't mean to sound critical, so I hope it doesn't come off that way, just trying to share tips that helped me!)

Glad to hear she is eating better! Hope she has a good day today. :)

5. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Joanna-I appreciate all help. A new set of eyes is always a help. I think my hesitation is leftover from the Vetsulin issue we had before we switched. It was having such a huge overlap that it sent all her numbers super crazy. Turned me into a sissy! nailbite_smile Although this morning, I did shoot around +9 because she was already in the 300's.

Ari also seems to be coming up at +8 or +9 so I'm trying to find just the right time to shoot when she starts going up (that won't make it +15 by the time I get up in the morning)

I appreciate you taking a look at the numbers. I'm taking a look through my last week of data and making some notes from what you've noted. Waiting for Ari to hit +8 so I can see if she even made it out of the 200's today at all. If she's still over, I'm going to see how she runs at +10 and then shoot then if needed. Theoretically, 1.2 should be a good number. 1.5 seems to send her too low and 1 doesn't seem to hold her down.

(Edited because it's Thursday...)

ETA - +8 - 221 - Going to give her to +10 then shoot if needed. That gives me at least until 6am for +12 for the morning.

6. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Hope...I am finding +10 to +12 the good point to shoot for Puttz....I am going to try and find out why he is soooo high AMPS, then a lower PMPS, if there are ANY explanations...Sounds like you are on track...Same Same here with the Vetsulin switch, difficult.

7. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Terry, I was having the same problem with the high PMPS. It seems to be starting to level out a bit. Here's fingers crossed.

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

What, you don't want to time things for a 3 am shot? :lol: I had a hard time too adjusting after Vetsulin - the action is just so different (though Bix never got good overlap).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.