3/4 Cargo AMPS 299, 322@+9, PMPS 293, 312@PM+3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mel and Cargo, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Yesterday

Good morning. Well, I'm thankful that we're starting the day in the yellows - JUST barely! I'll be taking Cargo to the vet for a walk-in visit this morning. That means I leave him there and they get to him when they can between appointments. No guarantees they'll get to him though. Poor Cargo hates going to the vet. Makes him very angry, when normally he's the sweetest, friendliest cat ever! That's what actually prompted me to home test - the vet asked me not to bring him in again for a curve - LOL! :p

Wish us luck that they get to him quickly! And happy surfing to all the sweet sugar babies!

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Wishing Cargo good luck at the vets. None of my cats are happy going there,
    No point if he's wound up!
    Hope the new dose get's him back down.
    Maybe the vets findings will throw some light on why his numbers have gone off.

Mel and Cargo likes this.
  3. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Thanks @Gill & George! I will attach test results when I have them. The vet wants to run a full blood panel to check liver and kidney values, do an urine culture to check for IBD, and do a test for pancreatitis - she told me the name of the test and I would recognize it if I heard/read it but can't remember. It's a test I've heard about on this forum before and now I"m wondering if it's a good test or not. Because Cargo's appetite seems to be good, I don't really suspect pancreatitis but I suppose it's good to check.

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Is it the snap test or the Spec fPL?
    sounds like a complete blood work, I hope it gives you some answers.

You may want her to take a good look at his teeth as well, if he is having dental issues that might be the root of his problems, George's numbers went off a while before we actually noticed he had teeth problems, that came on suddenly he got sick and stopped eating.

5. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

It was the Spec iPL. What is that and what is the difference between it and the Snap? I've tried to look it up in the stickies here but can't find much on those tests.

Ugh, to say I'm frustrated right now is putting it mildly. I asked 3 separate times for them to look at his teeth, but it still didn't get done. What did get done were the blood panel (billed as Basic Profile (Chem 20 CBC)) and the Spec fPL. They say they'll call me tomorrow with those results. Due to Cargo being freaked out at the vet and likely very aggressive, they were unable to get any urine sample from him to run a culture and potentially this may be why they didn't check teeth - but it's about 50/50 chance that they just forgot. :arghh: