3/4 Dora AMPS 244 PMPS 150 +3 252

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dora the Explorer, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Previous: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-2-dora-amps-242.243963/

Dora is consistently stuck in the mid 200s now. I scrolled back and this is basically where she was before she got sick when she was on 1.75, then after she got better on 2.75. Now she is due to hit 3.75 tomorrow AM. The spreadsheet looks better because it’s a human meter but it’s actually exactly the same high 300s if we use AT.

Really frustrating-and I don’t think I’ve missed as she hasn’t smelled like insulin at all. She still acts fine. ☹️ She’s getting grumpy about all the pricking though.

Thoughts? Thanks -

Jane

2. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Well she dipped into the blues so now I’m not sure what to do tomorrow. Of course she’s back up to 252 at +3, as she does.

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

She just hasn't got to her good dose yet. Just keep increasing like you are and she will get there soon! :)
    I think you're good to go to 3.75U tomorrow morning unless she dips tonight.

@tiffmaxee

Dora the Explorer likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think you can increase tomorrow. I see improvement with the bg moving into the 100’s. Don’t be discouraged.

5. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

...and we are at 3.75...

She did drop overnight but we didn't test till AMPS so not sure how low she may have gone but based on her general trends, probably not much lower. I also have to keep reminding myself that while she seems shockingly lower than she was a month ago, she really is not since we were using the AlphaTrack - my observation on that is that not only does it run higher but it runs MORE higher when the numbers are in the upper 200s on the human meter and above. She seems a little more alert than usual, she's in her morning nap spot but she keeps looking around. Actually she's considering whether she should abandon her nap to terrorize her frenemy, Puff. Thanks for the input ... I'm nervous but hopeful! I'd really like to see her down to needing less insulin again.

I was rereading TR, and it says that cats who don't start until they've been diabetic for longer than six months have only a 35% chance of reaching remission, and since Dora is so food sensitive I don't really see that in her future, though it would be lovely. So my hope is just to get her to the point where she doesn't need these large amounts of insulin, or even larger. I can't believe how quickly the pen is draining, and I only have one refill left.

Jane