3/7/10-Intro-Milo Pirahna-Acro dx.3/5/10

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jen and Milo P., Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen and Milo P.

Jen and Milo P. Member

Milo P Flake was diagnosed wtih Diabetes in Sept 09, he was almost ketoacidocic. He was very ill. Since his diagnosis, we have undergone numerous vet visits, thousands of dollars, to no avail. He is suffering from sever neuropathy in both front and back legs. He has been tested for every underlying disease under the sun and nothing had shown up until I forced an Acro test a week ago and was diagnosed with Acromegaly on 3/5/10. He is 8 and he is now on his 3rd type of insulin, Lantus, 11 u 2 times per day. He first started with Vetsulin, then PZI, and now as of Jan., Lantus.

I feed him only wet food and chicken, his favorites. :mrgreen: And since making the change from dry to wet food we instantly saw an improvement in his BG levels, about a 100 point drop. Im sure people have been telling me this for years but never wanted to be bothered. ohmygod_smile .. Now I know better.

As far as acromegaly goes, I guess majority of his personality defects..lol.. have been symptoms. Eating like a pig all the time, snoring (loud breather), trying to bust open the garbage for chicken bones, opening cabinets to get at the food. I had to baby lock the food cabinets and the garbage. :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: .. I always just thought he was a little piggy and a trouble maker. He is the only boy in the house. My other 3 cats are girls and so is the dog.

He also has food allergies, which he was always allergic to chicken up until recently, and now he hasnt had any missing fur or scabs, so i dont know. He is also deaf. I just thought he was my problem child and that was it, I all makes sense now. I had asked my vet to run an Acromegaly test back in Oct/Nov, but he wasnt considered "high dose" at 9 units of PZI.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

So, things are gettting much better for him, finally, thanks for the board, and especially Carolyn. :smile: She has helped, guided, and have been there for us the entire time, and has really given Milo a new lease on life. So, when asked to post a history on Milo Pirahna, I have no problem doing so, considering the time and effort she has put into us. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

LOL I hate to do this to you but I was trying to direct you to the high dose introduction thread. Can you copy and paste it to that thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.