3/8 Pumpkin AMPS 336, +10 376, accidental fast, PMPS 361, +1 338

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jacques and Pumpkin, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Jacques and Pumpkin

Jacques and Pumpkin Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-7-pumpkin-amps-332-pmps-352-1-342.274998/

Pumpkin's AMPS number was pretty consistent with yesterday's.

When I got home I realized I made a terrible mistake: I left Pumpkin's feeder up on the kitchen counter where she can't reach it. That means she didn't have anything to eat between her meal with her shot and +10. Her meals are spaced out a fair amount, so instead of her normal 160 calories between the AM and PM shot, she just got 64 calories.

I tested her along with her make-up meal (not the full 96 calories she missed out on, but something to tide her over until the PM shot) and she was at 376! It seems kind of surprising that after getting so much less food than normal she was still that high. But, it's not like she had nothing to eat this morning. Not sure if there's anything to read into that or not. (Other than the obvious, which is to double check the feeder before leaving!)

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Looking at her ss I don’t think she went low from not eating.

3. Jacques and Pumpkin

Exactly. I would have expected her to go low from getting so little food, but she was right in line with her normal (high) numbers. I'm trying to see if that tells me anything useful or not.

4. Jacques and Pumpkin

Adding her PMPS and +1 numbers, which were 361 and 338. After not eating for 10 hours she was at 376, then two hours after meal 361, then an hour after another meal (and a shot) she was at 338. Maybe this is all just random noise from the measurements, but it's just surprising to me that her numbers would trend down or at most be flat as she eats her first meals in almost half a day.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I don’t think it tells you anything.