4/1 DALE AMPS 293 +6 252 - dose advice plz.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jerica&Dale, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Jerica&Dale

Jerica&Dale Member

Hi All!

So I've had Dale on 1.5 units for about 18 days, we've had some good numbers but I'm not sure if I should bump him up to 1.75 or just leave things as is ?

If you can take a look at his spreadsheet. We've had a green, blue, yellow and the odd purple..

TIA!!!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Your nadirs are yellow, blue and green. I’d try the increase to see if you can get into green more often and for longer amounts of time.

Jerica&Dale likes this.
  3. Jerica&Dale

Jerica&Dale Member

Thank you. I will start the increase tonight.

4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

One thing to keep in mind with SLGS, is that if you get a number number 90, you should reduce the dose by 0.25u immediately. It's not relevant to the more recent cycles, but I thought it was worth mentioning, in case you weren't aware. I see that Dale had 77 on am cycle of March 22nd, which technically earned him a reduction. At this point, from the past 7 days of tests, since you test as much as you do, and not having seen many nadirs under 150 over the 7 days, you can consider increasing to 1.75u. Usually with SLGS, you'd run a curve after 7 days and evaluate what the dose is doing.

Going forward, per SLGS please do take a reduction if you get another number under 90. Here is the link to the dosing methods we use, in case you haven't had a chance to have a look.

Dosing methods

Jerica&Dale likes this.