4/11 calliecat ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by calliecat an marty, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

hello :smile:

well I started callie on levemir for her pm shot , I gave her .75 units her pmps = 393 and her + 3 = 303 , thats a bigger drop in 3 hours than she had all day does this seems right ?? cat_pet_icon dancing_cat

+ 5.5 =289
    + 7.5 =335

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

That's good - nice and gentle. You actually want "flat curves" with no deep drops and then high bounces. Once that settles, and you slowly raise the dose, the whole curve should come down without making the numbers start to swing from high to low and back.

BTW, I was looking at your baby's photo in the FDMB calendar this month (Where I can see it bigger) and I believe she is a Tortoiseshell not a Calico. Here's why:

Callie's colors are blended on her sides and paws, from what I can tell. And because she is white, peach (cream) and gray (blue), she is a dilute tortie - probably a dilute tortoiseshell and white, officially. Both of my young girls are dilute torties - you noticed that one of them, Leanne, looks similar to Callie.

Now, I realize (I think) that you may have named her Callie because she was a calico, but it is a beautiful name so don't go thinking you need to change it to Tallie!

3. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Now for just the fun of it...genetically speaking all torties are calicos but not all calicos are torties...It is the same genetic code that makes either a calico or a tortie just true calicos have as Sheila said big bold patches of color while Torties the colors blend without a distinct pattern. Also all calicos/torties are female there are no males in that coloring. Musette is also a dilute tortie where her peach, blue and cream all run together on her points since she is also a Himalayan which is just a fancy way of saying she is a 'pointed persian" or that her markings are like that of a siamese.

The official name for a dilute tortie is Blue-Cream. Just some of the trivia that I picked up during my studies and thought it might be fun to share.

Callie looks like she is goning to really like Levemir. That is a nice response to her first shot. :D I know it certainly made all the difference in the world to my Musette.

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

4. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Actually, 1 in 3,000 calicos are male, but only 1 in 10,000 of those are fertile. That same page (linked above) calls the Himalayan with tri-colored points a "tortie-point".

We all have a bunch of fancy cats!

5. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Yes we do and they will never let us forget just how fancy they are..... :lol:

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Well, it`s looking like your special, fancy cat is liking the Lev and I am sure you are going to see great improvements as the shed builds up.

7. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice first cycle for Calliecat. :thumbup

8. calliecat an marty

I think your right Sheila , callies papers said she was callico, when I lost my big boy 8 years ago my kids went to the pet store and got me callie and tesse ( they are sisters ) and there papers said calico but I do beleive your right ;-)

callies numbers today are not as good as last night and I only checked her at + 5 to give her ears a break cat_pet_icon but

amps = 349
    + 5 = 380

I put a different avatar picture up thats what callie lays in when I check her , the picture makes me thinks she in a car with the window down :lol:

I'm a little scared because in Feb I fell at a clients house on ice and I just found out yesterday ( from mri results) that my rotator cuff on my good arm (right ) is completley torn I have to have surgery so giving callie her shots and checking her is going to be very tricky !!

9. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

She does look like she is driving with her arm out the window! Very casual.

Give the numbers time to settle. This was just her 3rd shot tonight, right? You are going to do a curve over the weekend, correct? That will tell you more.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Did they say how long your recovery will be? And what is wrong with the other arm? Do you have anyone that will be able to help you for a few days. When is the surgery?

10. calliecat an marty

Good morning everyone !! callie and I wish everyone a fantastic Friday ! :smile:

Sheila, workmans comp is whats taking so long for everything !!! grrrrr I have to wait for them to ok the surgery, so I don't know when it is and the doctor said minimum of 8 weeks for recovery !! there is nothing wrong with my left arm, and I am getting really good at using it but my right is the dominate one so its been a challenge for the last couple of months.

dh will check callies bg but he has yet to give callie her shot ( we are working on that ) but callies shot time is 9/9 he leaves for work at 4:30 am so the am shot and checking her all day will be up to me :D I work 2 jobs both homehealth care but am down to one, with one job the one i'm still working there is no lifting and I bring client to my house everyday so that works out good for callie cat_pet_icon

I am working on a plan for after the surgery and callie is sooooo good through all of this there is no one who can help me , I will figure something out I have to take care of my little girl ;-)

here is a recap since callie has been on levemir :

4/11 (-) ket first shot of lev .75 units
    pmps = 393
    +3 = 303
    +5.5 = 289
    +7.5 = 335

4/12 (-) ket shot .75 units
    amps = 349
    + 5 = 380
    pmps = 353 shot .75 units
    + 4.5 = 328
    + 7 = 300

4/13 (-) ket shot .75 units
    amps = 317
    + 4.5 = 358
    + 7 = 326
    pmps = 299

I am really liking the levemir for callie I check her ketones everyday , callie likes the lev to ;-)

11. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Oh, lol, I misunderstood the "good arm" comment. I think both my arms are good! At least now. I have been through workers comp, over-use injuries with my right arm myself. It was a tough couple of months when things like brushing my teeth, washing my hair and patting the cats hurt. Actually, patting them was ok, I couldn't scratch their chins or do anything that involved moving fingers separately.

I hope all goes well for you and you get through it ok. You might find that you can give the shot, but drawing it will be hard because you have to raise your arm up. Can dh do that much and leave a few syringes for you each day? BTW, lev can be predrawn and left in the fridge with the syringe lying flat. I did that when I was out of town for 6 days and my sitter didn't use them at all (Beau was headed OTJ). I ended up using them when I got back up to 3 weeks after I drew them and they were ok. You can not predraw lantus though.

She is good and stable now and it does look like she will need an increase to 1u over the weekend. Maybe do a mini curve tomorrow and raise at night?

12. calliecat an marty

thanks Sheila, thats good to know you can draw them up like that ( the shots )

AND YAYAYAYAYAYA callie had her first yellow ps in a long time :D she was pmps = 299

I was thinking to she needs to go to 1 unit I will do that this weekend and do a curve cat_pet_icon

I have to tell you this afternoon callie was in the dinning room and I was in the kitchen and we were looking at each other and I said how is momma's little girl feeling , it was like there was something a spring board under her ( I call it pop a wheely) she popped up in the air took off running then came flying in the kitchen on the table for some pets and kissess, :lol: that said it all right there ;-)

13. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I agree with raising to 1U tomorrow, either in AM or wait to PM if you want to see if she improves during the day tomorrow. Sorry about your arm. A work assoc of mine had to go through Worker's Comp and it took a long time. Good luck, you sound like you've got good plans though.

14. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

That says it all right there- she is liking the new stuff (and attention) :lol: .

Dosing advice I don't have- too new at pretty much most of this. But Sneakers is an old hand at it. Half the time she eats she gets an ear test- and she knows she gets a shot in the morning and at night. Sometimes that is the last thing i see as I am heading out the door- my fur baby sprawled out on her poke cushion looking at me saying "E-em, didn't you forget something?" I shoot her out the door right now to accommodate a late school night each week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.