? 4/13 Mossimo- AMPS 88, +3.5 71- opinions on how he is doing

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CaitLovesMo, Apr 13, 2022.

1. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

Hello everyone!

I know it has been awhile since I posted. We had a death in the family and had to do some travel.

Good news is, Mo did well at my mom's! Everyone saw such a difference in him. During the meal we had at my mom's with lots of people there, Mo greeted everyone and was rolling around like a kitten!! He was so happy! It was nice to see him feeling so good!

When we got back, his numbers were wonky, but we seek to be back to normal! Also, when we got back we finally got his last sister on board with pate! All 3 kitties are low carb now!

It's spring break so Mo gets his mommy most of the day! He is happy!

How do you guys think he is doing? Think I should keep the .1 or try to go back to the drop dose? I just want him happy and feeling good!

I am doing my best to measure the .1 but I just make sure I am consistent as possible!

Love Cait and Mo

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Hi there - can you change the prefix to "?" GA means Gone Ahead, for kitties that have passed

I would hold the 0.1U, still too many blues (and too high of blues) to try a reduction. If he spends a week in pretty much all green that's when you can try a reduction . Hopefully soon!

Edit: I too missed the SLGS, which you do need to follow if he's getting the Young Again as regular food (i.e. not just treats). There have been a lot of numbers below 90 the last week or so.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

Mo looks like he is doing well!! So happy for you

wondering how do you reduce from .1U? drop?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sounds like Mo is feeling really good! Congrats on all on the same diet, that makes life so much easier!

Are you still planning on following SLGS? If so, you shouldn't be shooting below 90 and he's earned a reduction to a drop.

If you have a question, please use the "?" prefix instead of GA.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Next dose would be a drop. I’d hold the .10 at this point. Does he get a +9 snack both cycles? That might get rid of the blues. Oops. I missed the SLGS. Wendy saw it.

6. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

How do I change it? I must have accidently hit it.. my bad..

7. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

He does get a snack at both +9. Went with an automatic feeder since I am not home for it. The blues are what always makes me wonder.

8. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

I am still following the SLGS because he doesn't eat enough without the young again. He gives me a hard time and I don't want him starving. He just won't eat enough pate for me to take it away.

So you are saying I shouldn't shoot under 90? I feel if I leave it in the past he has gone in the mid blues?

Also, your saying he earned the drop? I am still not sure on all this and want to make sure I am doing everything correct.

9. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

Got it!

10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Yes, with SLGS.you would reduce under 90 - unless you choose to customize it. Some people choose to reduce under 70, or 2x under 80, whatever works for them and their goals for the cat.

Either way, he did have some 50s and lower 60s and I wouldn't let him go that low. So yes, drop dose is next.

11. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

I chose to not shoot under 75. So I should start the drop dose this PM?

Nothing is below a drop dose, so say I chose to reduce at 80 instead of 75, would that just be a no dose?

12. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

Sorry. Just posting again because his shot time is in an hour and 15 minutes. Unsure of what the best thing to do is.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A drop dose is where you push hard on the plunger, insert it into the pen/vial, and let the vacuum pressure suck up a drop. You could start it tonight and see how it goes. We'll be looking for mostly green before going to the next dose after that (ie. none). Some reading for you: Reminder: *earning* reductions and starting OTJ trials

If you are going to customize SLGS, such as a different no shoot number than 90, or lower reduction point, please add that to the signature.