4/15 Taz, AMPS 270, +1-279, +3.25-132, +4-135, PMPS-163

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SaraMV, Apr 15, 2022.

1. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How is Taz doing? Cats are more than their numbers.

SaraMV likes this.
  3. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

He seems to be doing alright. He hasn't had a pancreatitis flare up in a little over a month, although I'm constantly watching him for the first signs of one. He eats every couple of hours all day/night long, so he's constantly exercising himself by going back and forth to his AF. He's lost about a pound in the last five and a half weeks since we started feeding him like this.

His recent numbers are throwing me for a loop though. I can't tell if this dose doesn't agree with him, or if he's bouncing a lot.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With SLGS you want nadirs in the 90-149 range, he's mostly there.

Were you intending for him to lose weight?

SaraMV likes this.
  5. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

He used to weigh 22 pounds, so about 6 years ago, we changed him from dry food to mostly canned food. He had lost about 4 pounds over those 6 years, but it was extremely slow going because he's never been an active cat. Before he was diagnosed, we didn't really notice weight loss but it seemed like his weight was repositioning itself. He started narrowing through the hips and getting a pot belly, even though he was still being as lazy as ever. When he was diagnosed, 2 different vets said that we should work on weightloss for him and try to get him to exercise more. The weightloss is definately good, because we know he's losing it because he's more active rather than because he's acting sickly. He's a big guy, so I don't want him to lose too much, but he's awake more now and seems happier overall.