? 4/17 Phoenix + 10.5 BG 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Scdal, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Scdal

Scdal Member

@Bandit's Mom
    I am unsure what to do. At +9 this morning, Phoenix was at 87. I fed him 1/4 cup of kidney. At +9.5, his BG was 71. I fed him just a small piece of kidney and waited. At + 10, he was at 94. He is now at +10.5 and his BG has dropped back down to 72.
    It is within the 2 hour window. Should I go ahead and feed him or just wait and see if he continues to drop. Phoenix usually keeps dropping until his AMPS.

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good that you put the ? in your post. I can't advise but those are healthy greens. Hopefully, someone will comment soo.

3. Scdal

Scdal Member

At +11, his BG is now 84. I will check again in 30 minutes. I didn't feed a snack.

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Susan, only just seeing this. Looks like he has stopped dropping and will be at a shootable number at AMPS. Paws crossed.

In future, I think you can feed up to +10.5 if you can delay your shot by 30 mins. Even if you shoot 30 mins late, the PM shot can be at your usual time.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. Scdal

Scdal Member

Thank you, Bhooma, you were correct. He stopped dropping and his AMPS was 83. I really appreciate your advice. Have a nice weekend !!