4/18 Toeby AMPS 306, +1 308, +3 293, +7 238, PMPS 283, +2 187, +4 103, +5 97, +6 130

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laurasboyz, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

Previous thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-75-5-113-pmps-342-3-330.246277/#post-2778916

Not sure why Toeby did not show much of a drop today.
    He seems to feel fine, no issues.
    He had a good appetite, snacked most of the morning and early afternoon on his low carb canned wet and wet from freeze dried food.
    He is sleeping after his insulin and his dose of Budesonide tonight (he gets the Budesonide once a day, in the evening).
    I maintained his dose at a quarter unit and will stick to that dose tomorrow.
    Laura

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Laura,
    Good to hear Toeby is feeling well.
    It looks like he is coming off the bounce tonight so I would get another test in to see if he is still dropping.

Laurasboyz and tiffmaxee like this.
  3. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

103 (5.7 mmol/L) at +4 this evening.

Why do I get the sneaking feeling I'm going to be told I should stay up again? :)
    I gave him a couple kernels of Dr. Elsey's, and some freeze dried turkey breast.
    I'll try to get a +5...

4. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

+5 = 97 (5.4 mmol/L)

I gave him a fresh can of low carb canned food, and a few Temptation treats
    I'm wondering if he has food to eat, and after these treats, I should be able to go to bed?
    Laura

5. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

He's been so inconsistent, I find it hard to say when his nadir is...
    Is it fair to say that after the 6 hour point, he should be at his lowest?
    On a higher dose, he has been low at +3, and hypo low at +12 on April 5th - but again, that was on a higher dose of insulin.
    Laura

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Sorry I wasn’t here earlier. Just seeing your replies.
    Nadirs can move around. There is no set time. You will get to know Toeby’s nadirs.
    This dose is good for him. He is just bouncing when he goes into the higher numbers. He is not bouncing for long though which you can be thankful for. Lots of cats can bounce for 6 cycles.
    You are doing everything right. Just let him settle down into the dose.. Keep doing what you are doing and keep those patience pants on!

Laurasboyz likes this.
  7. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

:coffee:
    Evening to you Bron, morning to many!
    Thanks for responding - no need to be sorry about earlier, I assumed you were out and about, as people do, or did before a global pandemic.
    I am actually kind of pleased that I could see him doing the same thing he did the other night - sliding into some lower numbers for me in the evening after a high-ish day.
    I just wish he would do that during the day and not after midnight, as I think even diabetic cat caregivers are allowed to get "some" sleep. ;)
    I can't stay up half the night all the time.
    But like you say, patience, patience, patience.
    I hope I learn his nadirs soon so it becomes less worrisome.
    I agree that this quarter unit seems to be doing okay (touch wood) and I can measure it without struggling to see it.

He is feeling good this morning, chasing sun dots in the kitchen for my husband.
    He just tested at 14.4 mmol/L (260) and hopefully will have a good day.
    I am going golfing this afternoon as it is a beautiful spring day here.
    Thanks again
    Laura

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Good morning.
    Let’s see what Toeby has in store for you today.
    He will drop lower during the day at some point.......they seem to like to swap around....then you will be wishing he would do it at night when you are home!
    Great to see those pm BGs too! Completes the picture and we can see exactly what he is doing.

Laurasboyz likes this.