4/20 Ivy Amps Lo L/67 C,+2 Lo L/81 C,+3.5 67 C,+6 88 C,+9 102,+11 361,Pmps 400,+2 374,+3.5 244 Libre

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

4/19/24
    Amps Lo Libre=
    67 Contour Next meter

Good morning,
    We had a low start to this morning, at AMPS tested her on the Contour meter and she was 67 (Libre read Lo). :eek:
    Gave full 4.5 unit dose. Hoping she surfs in a good range today.
    Fed 9.25% carbs and snacks this morning.
    Dinner out tonight, I will feed her 12.5% since I will not be home for a few hours to closely monitor, (only able to see her on the Libre).

She’s still not eating snacks at +1,2,3 on her own reliably from the feeder (hit or miss). That’s not optimal, but at least she will get a higher carb start with her dinner meal and I will be home by right around +3 when she tends to start going lower (which could be +2 or +3).

If only I could explain to her how important it is eat snacks on her own. :rolleyes:
    Have a safe surf Caturday all :cat:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Staci, I hope Ivy surfs safely today in all dark greens .
    Tell me that Mommie Dearest isn't going to dinner with you and DH :p
    Does she ever? Oh I forgot she probably can't take her dog with her lol
    Check back later to see how Ivy is doing. It's a crappy day out today so far little rain and gloomy

3. Staci & Ivy

Hahaha. :pThank you so much for the early morning chuckle about Mommie Dearest. No, she’s absolutely not invited.
    Just me and DH tonight, flying solo, which is awesome.
    Haven’t seen her in a while and I’d like to keep it that way. :smuggrin:
    Ivy seems to be surfing in beautiful greens this morning, so we’ll see how that goes.:D

It’s looking like we’ll see the 60s today so if Miss Ivy cooperates I’d like to get out for a walk today, but we’ll see what her schedule dictates.
    Hope you have a nice day. Maybe you’ll see some sunshine a little later too, here’s hoping.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

She sure is and I hope it continues. I think they said the weather is going to clear up also. I hope you can get your walk in later on.
    Glad you got a llittle chuckle this morning about you know who :p

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  5. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Oh wow, Ivy! What a start of the day!
    Good job shooting the full dose, Staci!
    I too had to chuckle with @Diane Tyler's Mom "Mommie Dearest" comment :joyful::joyful::joyful: And then,
    :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
    Hope Ivy surfs safely today and you get to go out to enjoy a nice walk :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Hello Staci and Ivy!

Wow wow what a start for Ivy. I think you were busy this meowning but you always know how to handle her.
    I hope she behaves and goes up a bit in time for your dinner and you won't have to worry as much.

Couldn't help but laugh at @Diane Tyler's Mom 's comment :p:D:p:D

Enjoy tonight and happy caturday :cat::bighug::cat::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  7. Staci & Ivy

Well, Ivy is certainly riding low today. I’ve poked/tested her three times on the Contour meter this morning. She’s completely not happy with me.
    At +3 she was 67 on the contour meter. :D
    The Libre decided it was going to stop working just before +3 so I installed a new one and we are waiting for the 1 hour countdown to get up and running. :blackeye:
    Needless to say, Ivy is not thrilled with all the poking today. Guess this dose is putting her in quite the greens this morning:D:D

thornmallow__ likes this.
  8. Staci & Ivy

:bighug:
    She’s definitely working the greens today. As long As she doesn’t go any lower…. She’s making me a little nervous today, especially because she hates being poked so much. My last poke was a bit of a challenge as she got some good bites and scratches in…oh Ivy…
    Diane is quite hilarious and it doesn’t take much in the way of comments to get me going. She knows just how to push my buttons about my MIL. Lol.:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    @Diane Tyler's Mom

Mikanmama likes this.
  9. Staci & Ivy

Hi Karolina, well, Ivy is certainly looking for her Nestle today at the beach. She’s been there since before he even woke up.:D:D

Thank you for your confidence in me of knowing what to do. However, I always feel like I’m not sure what the heck I’m doing. I feel like I’m winging it trying to make decisions, but Oy Oy Oy ;)

Hope you all have a wonderful day! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  10. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

What great numbers this morning! I know that comes with its own set of issues regarding her, uh, spiciness, but how lovely to see them! :bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  11. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

What a beautiful start this morning! Bravo for giving her the full dose, Staci! I hope you have a great day.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  12. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Oh Diane, I love your comments. You Crack me up. :p:D:p:D

13. Staci & Ivy

Yep, you’re right. And I think it caused the Libre to fail. So I replaced one this morning and it also failed (I think from that low surfing). :banghead:
    So I put a second on her. She’s so thrilled with me. :blackeye:

I think I’m going to lower her dose at Pmps. I’d like her to be a little higher and not such low pre shots as we are getting.
    Hopefully that will put her nadir in the right and that we aren’t blowing out the Libre all the time. (We shall see). o_O

14. Staci & Ivy

Pmps 400 (Libre)
    And now we bounce big time after being so low today (and blowing out 2 Libre sensors in the process) :mad:
    Gave a reduced dose of 4.25 units. I’m going to try to have her be a bit higher and see how that goes. ;)
    I realized today that I’m almost done an entire pen in just a few days over one month at these higher doses. :facepalm:

She was a very angry kitty at dinner and wouldn’t let me give her shot. Had to get DH to hold her still. (Not great because most days he’s not home from work when I shoot so I’m on my own).

15. JLS12

JLS12 Member

So much excitement for you and Ivy today. Nice greens and a helping hand with Ivy's PM shot cancelled out the downside of the two blown sensors. ;) I'd call that an overall win. Seems like your dosing plan is going well, even if you feel like you're winging it. This is definitely a case of "know thy cat."

Hope your dinner out was enjoyable. :)

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  16. Staci & Ivy

I hope you’re right! It’s been a day and she wanted nothing to do with me!
    Here’s hoping we are heading in the right direction. We keep trying!!
    Hope you are having a good day, Janet and Purrl :bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Staci. best of luck with lowering the dose, who knows it may just work out . I hope you and DH enjoy your dinner . Check back later to see how Ivy is doing. :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  18. Staci & Ivy

Thank you, Diane. Paws crossed something works for her.
    Hope you have a nice night :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.