? 4/20 Nelson amps 160, +4 108 his back is up

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nelson and Taz, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Hi guys. I know his numbers look good but he's going higher than he used to and his back has been up for the last few days. I will get some urine for an analysis but any thoughts on what else maybe going on or what I might be missing. I can only think uti but he usually crys to let me know if he's in pain. Thanks

2. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Taz
    When you say his back is up do you mean the hairs on his back?
    How is his appetite? how are his teeth?

4. Nelson and Taz

Nelson and Taz Member

Yes the hair along his spine has been up for a few days, dunno if it's got anything to do with the cooler weather. He still eats well but not all at once like he used to and he's a bit messy when eating. He had his teeth cleaned a couple months ago and the vet mentioned that one of them could become a problem and might have to come out.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Is Nelson very sensitive along his back? There is a condition called hyperasthesia where a cat is very sensitive the touch along the back. That’s the only thing I can think of that could put the hairs up along his back apart from when they put their back up when they are startled.

Might be worth following up on the tooth.

Nelson and Taz likes this.