4/22 Gumung amps 445,+3 324, +5 281, +7 170, +10 97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dkshin89, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

2. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

+11 113

after saw 97 @+10, gave freeze dried chicken heart

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

From your last post you asked:
    First of all, symogyi is a not a thing. It's a hot button item here, but a cat that started on a reasonable dose, with tight regulation, proper testing, appropriate increases, this doea not exist. This paper proved it: Rebound hyperglycaemia in diabetic cats.pdf

GuMung is/was on a reasonable sized dose. When you reduce the dose like you did, the depot of the larger dose still influences up to 6 cycles after the reduction. Today is just cycle 4. He didn't look great last time he was on 4 units. You've held the dose the required number of cycles or more since then and you do a great job testing. Hard to see how you've bypassed a good dose.

Dkshin89 likes this.
  4. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

I see. When any cat bounces, could they go so low from 400s to below 100s? New vet wanted to cautiously using the new lantus ( old one, she showed me that there is a substance using magnifier)

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I've seen cats dive from over 500, down to below 50 (earn a reduction) and back up for 400 or higher at the end of the cycle. That's why we suggest people don't rely on just preshot data to determine what to do with the dose. Today it looked like GuMung was breaking the bounce. What that looks like is a slide down most of the cycle.

Dkshin89 likes this.
  6. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

I see thats why I saw that similar move last time too. I better read more in this forum to decide on the dose.. I am not sure if I can go 100%with vets recommendation.