? 4/22 Maus AMPS 414, +3/384, +7/396 PMPS 501: give it more time?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan for Maus (GA), Apr 22, 2022.

1. Susan for Maus (GA)

Susan for Maus (GA) Member

We switched Maus from Vetsulin to glargine generic on 4/13, then increased her dose from 1u to 1.25 on the evening of 4/18. Things were looking like they were moving in the right direction for a bit, but now I'm not so sure.

Do I need to give it more time & let this settle?

I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard to put this kitty through so much poking & still see so much red & pink. I was hoping with the increased dose I could test less but the numbers make me fret. Can I get away with poking less often between AM & PM's?

She sleeps all the time & the past 2 days is back to eating & drinking a lot & I'm not feeling so great either :(

SS is current

2. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

I'm just going to bump this up, not qualified to give dosing advice but wanted to confirm you are doing SLGS?
    @Wendy&Neko , @tiffmaxee @FrostD

3. Susan for Maus (GA)

yes, but wondering if I'm going a little too slow, it's getting hard to watch, feels like Maus is stuck

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You are making progress. Since you saw a bg under 200, give this dose more time. With SLGS you evaluate every 7 days.

5. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel Susan but unfortunately, you have to be patient with FD it is usually a very slow uphill battle. I remember posting something similar about Hendrick because I felt so frustrated and sad, he didn't seem to be making any progress at all. But I just had to trust the process, the dosing method, and keep on doing what i was doing and it paid off.

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree, hold the dose a bit longer as you have had a blue BG

7. Susan for Maus (GA)

Thanks, I'll wait. This is hard :(

8. Susan for Maus (GA)

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

This could be the high before she comes off the bounce. This is the 6th cycle and they often drop faster and lower coming off the bounce so just be aware and do a couple of tests this pm cycle.