4/23 Curry_A Celebration of Life Video

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tena and Curry(GA), Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

On April 10, 2012 my sweet, furry, purry Curry crossed the Rainbow Bridge. And to celebrate her life I would like to share a video with my LantusLand Family. While on one hand the process of creating this video was difficult and painful while listening to the music and sorting through the photos. However, it also was very healing as I cried a river of tears. And, you know, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I found Curry at one of the shelters in Houston in 2001. She had just been processed by the shelter with all her brothers and she was hollering to get out...all 2 lbs of her. Curry was the runt of the litter and the loudest by far. Curry continued to voice her concerns up to the very end and certainly lived up to her spicy name in her short life. Curry was almost dog-like in that she would greet folks at the door when they would knock. And trot after me like a furry shadow often getting underfoot and hollering when I would accidently step on her. That would cause her civie, Sidney, to come running to see if Curry was alright. Curry would often stand her ground with the Hoover vacuum cleaner when I cleaned. Sometimes the Hoover would win and of course sometimes Curry would win. During the last couple of months I saw her breathing becoming more and more rapid which caused her to be anxious all the time. I had to isolate her from Sidney again and was hopeful the two would reunite after her medical issues had resolved some. I now realize that Curry's behavior problems really stemmed from all she indured with her progressing asthma. But she is now free of all pain and suffering and I suspect she can probably be found chasing butterflies with her friend, BigMac.

Its much quieter at home now. The silence is deafing. I still miss my sweet girl and always will. But she is not far away..... as she will always reside very close to me....in my heart and fond memories.

Thank you again dear friends....thank you for letting Curry and me into your lives. Thank you for all your wonderful support and virtual hugs.

With great love and appreciation,
    Tena

CELEBRATION OF LIFE

[​IMG]

2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

That is so beautiful Tena :cry:

3. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

*cry* Tena what a special video. I can imagine how hard it must have been working through all them tears. CD did a memorial video for Maverick which I treasure. I know you will treasure this video too and all your videos of her talking and playing. The silence around here was massive. It was too much for me. So much personality and love in such small packages. Curry was hollering for you to adopt her. She picked you.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and my heart. I am so glad you shared Curry with us. We grieve with you.

Sending lots more hugs. Curry is with you always.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a beautiful memorial. Tears are flowing here, as well. I think you captured such a wistful aspect of Curry that I couldn't have appreciated in any other way. Thank you for sharing this.

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Tena))) so very beautiful! I can imagine the emotion pulling it together, but what a treasure and tribute to beautiful Curry! Tear and chills watching it.

6. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

What a very beautiful video Tena, Curry was so beautiful and loved.

7. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

((((Tena)))) What a wonderful tribute. I know you probably had a very hard time with that. Curry was beautiful and loved you so much. She is still with you and always will be.

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

(((((((TENA!)))))))) I have cried through the whole beautiful video...Just wrote the party report from last night & before I saw your video, Moonie wrote how they sang "somewhere over the rainbow" and all the GA kitties Big Mac & Curry & others came through the veil to sing that song with them!!! Then I saw Curry's video!!
    Cried even more!
    I know that silence & emptiness that lingers, but I hope that in time you will heal some, and know what a wonderful Life you gave her! She lived with Love & had the best Life an FD cat could have...
    But the heart still hurts...We Love you here and share your pain..Thank you for showing us what a lovely girl Curry is..Hugs & Love from us!

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Tena - what a wonderful tribute - just beautiful. Your work is truly outstanding, does well by your girl. I know the emptiness, know that in time it will be better. Hold her close to your heart, she will always be with you.

10. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Ok, Tears here too .. That was such a beautiful video, remembering your girl .. She was absolutely stunning .. I can see that spiciness in here though .. Thank you for sharing these memories with us ..

11. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Ok, Tears here too .. That was such a beautiful video, remembering your girl .. She was absolutely stunning .. I can see that spiciness in her though .. Thank you for sharing these memories with us ..

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Tena)))),
    Typing through my tears. What a wonderful tribute to your beautiful girl! It is perfect in every way. Curry has joined her many friends "over the Rainbow", but to all of us here she is as close as a loving thought. Thank you for sharing your splendid photographs, and thank you for remembering all of our GAs.

Love and hugs,

Ella & Rusty

13. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

I can't watch it now... I know I would go to pieces :cry:. Curry is so beautiful. But I will do so as soon as I am at home alone. Holding my precious babies especially close lately.

MJ & Donovan's and Butthead's spirits

14. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Tena)))

What a beautiful celebration of Curry's life. The photography is beautiful, and I love that song by Iz so much. The photos capture Curry's spirit and personality. Tears were already flowing, but I did not expect the GA tribute at the end. Thank you so much for taking time in your grief to remember others. I loved seeing the names of my three GA's there. I know that Curry has many friends at the Bridge, and that they are all there together, happy and whole again.

Thank you for sharing this gift with all of us.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sun on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft star-shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die.

15. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Tena. That was stunning. I have watched it a couple of times but had to compose myself before I could post. What an incredibly beautiful tribute to Curry and to your love. When you timed the words and the music right when the rainbow over Houston showed up, I just lost it.

Curry was such a beautiful kitty and she brought light to you and to us here. From your description, I can just about 'hear' how she talked to you. That lovely face of hers was a favorite of mine to work with when I needed a kitty 'model' for some of the FDMB graphics.

Seeing BigMac nestled in the leaves with Curry was so magical and somehow it soothed me. It seems just right because Curry was a pretty girl who loved to talk and BigMac was a big strong quiet guy. I think they make a good match as they play among the butterflies. This image is healing for me and I hope it is for you too.

Watching your video brought so many tears but then I guess we wouldn't cry so hard if we didn't love so deeply.

Thank you for sharing your love ((((((((Tena.))))))))) cat_pet_icon

16. Noreen&DC&Frisky

Noreen&DC&Frisky Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute.
    She will always be with you.

17. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Oh, how beautiful! I'm lucky, only Tess can see me crying. What a beautiful girl and what a wonderful mom to remember her in such a special way. Thank you for that final remembrance of all the GAs, you are helping to keep their memories alive.

18. tpr

tpr Well-Known Member

What a beautiful video Tena! Your purry Curry was a gorgeous kitty. You two were so lucky to have eachother:)

19. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Tena))) I started crying before the first picture of Curry. It is an incredible, amazing, beautiful, wonderful tribute to Curry. I'm so stunned by its beauty and poignancy that I don't even know what else to say.

Thank you for remembering all the kitties....and especially for remembering our sweet Teddi Bear. I am glad this helped in your healing process.

Please visit often....you and Sid and your darling Curry are our family.

20. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Tena, that was absolutley a beautiful tribute to Curry....a true celebration of her life. Thank you for sharing her with us.....she will never be forgotten.

*tears here

Stick around LL....we need you here, too!

21. Natalia & Enana

Natalia & Enana Well-Known Member

Great pictures. Beautiful video. Gorgeous Curry. {{hug}}

22. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

Just beautiful Tena, just beautiful...sniff

23. Pip & Rupert

Pip & Rupert Well-Known Member

wonderful! sitting here bawling my eyes out! Beautiful tribute to your beautiful friend. I'd like to do something like that for hubby for his little horse, some day.. not sure I could do it yet. You are braver, more stoic.. and far more talented than I! Thank you for sharing.

24. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That was a beautiful video Tena, of the beautiful Curry. tears.
    Thank you for sharing it with us :YMHUG: You did a magnificent job.
    We love you Curry. ((((Tena))))

25. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

so glad dyana bumped this up - i'd have missed it. it was a beautiful tribute to curry, tena. your love for her is still very much present and she is still with you.

it is no small thing to be loved by a little furry one.

and how gracious of you to include all the kitters who have passed on at the end.

thank you for sharing it with us. :YMHUG:

26. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Absolutely magnificent, Tena...
    and what a beautiful tribute to Lil Posh Spice Girl!

I'm just overwhelmed at the wonderful tribute to all the GA kitties at the end as well.

Sending you so much love over the miles, my friend.

Celi

27. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

what a super tribute to Curry ((((((((((Tena)))))))))

28. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

What a gorgeous video and a great tribute to Curry, Tena. I love it! You did a super job. I played it several times.

Melanie & Racci

29. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

That is so beautiful. What a wonderful memorial for Curry.

Pattie

30. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Tena, that picture of Curry on your post is absolutely beautiful. Those eyes.......you did a wonderful tribute to Curry.......these memorial videos are heartbreaking to watch and yet they are also beautiful memories. My sympathy to you on losing her at such a young age.....hard enough when you know they are elderly. The ending of her video was also a loving tribute to all that have gone ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.