4/23 Gumung amps 104, +3 98, +6 107, +9 101, pmps 106, +3 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dkshin89, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Erin -
    Is there anything that changed around the beginning of April? It looks like Gumung was seeing a lot more green numbers especially at preshot times. I've seen this happen if the food manufacturer changed the formula for their food or if the caregiver changed the food.

One thought, if you're not already doing this, is to set up a timed feeder and make a snack available to Gumung at around +8 or +9. You can see on her spreadsheet that her numbers come back into greens after she eats. That's telling you that her pancreas is kicking in and producing insulin which then drops her numbers.

Dkshin89 likes this.
  3. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

Thank you Sienne,
    I have been wondering what really caused him to be on more of blues than greens lately. I have been poking him with the new brand of syringe and did hurt him where he had been hiding from me ( stressed) every-time when shot alarm goes off :rolleyes:

regarding the foods, he loved poultry fancy feast classic pate, but he has been bit fed up so I did gave him some seafood variety lately from late March.

Maybe it could be the food that was recently changed with seafood flavors. I will try to go back to poultry to see if it was the seafoods. Every BG checks done, I have given him foods. So by counting, i give him food in the morning after BG check, +3, +6, +9, pmps, +3 . Should I increase frequency of food time? He is a big boi and I usually feed him half can per meal. Maybe I am not giving him enough food?

he is now used to the new syringe and stay calm when shot time, but still feels like that first week of stress just didn’t really settled.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Is the needle gauge on the syringe the same as the ones you were previously using? If it is, can you go back to the old brand of syringes?

If you weren't giving him enough food, he'd be losing weight. I'm assuming his weight is stable. The amount of food shouldn't haven an effect on his numbers.

It may be that Gumung needs a bit more insulin.

Dkshin89 likes this.
  5. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

For syringes, it’s back to original with shorter and thinner gauge.

For food -and weight, he is about the same as 16-17 lb and feed him similar amount when he was in submission. Although, from 11 pm (last meal, twice the amount) until 8 am (before shot) he doesn’t get any food. Could this make his number off?

And I will increase 0.25 unit starting tonight to see if adjust better.

thank you again, and have a wonderful day! :D

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

For some cats, the AMPS is the last number to reach green. It's called "dawn phenomenon." I don't think the lack of food overnight is an issue since GuMung is back in blues at AMPS and PMPS.

Dkshin89 likes this.