4/23 Gumung amps 418

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dkshin89, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Are you sticking with the 4 units? Looks like he's staying high on that dose.

Dkshin89 likes this.
  3. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

Hello Wendy, thank you for your comment,
    Yes for right now I have decided to stay with 4 since its a new pen, and want to see how it goes. I will keep update the numbers. And once i could see real result from new pen, if there is necessary to bump up, i will.
    I am just glad there was no problem seen in ultrasound and urine culture.

4. Wendy&Neko

I kept notes on the Remarks section of the spreadsheet when I started a new pen (well, actually a cartridge in Canada), and even colour coded it. That way it was pretty easy for me to see how many days I'd been using a pen. What makes you think there was a problem with the previous pen? That pen got him down to greens, 83, on the 20th. And a bunch of greens on the 14th as well. Typically if a pen goes off, you see higher flatter numbers.

Dkshin89 and Bandit's Mom like this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

When he is having a flat and high cycle like he did this morning, you can take a break from tests. You could have stopped testing at +4. Just saying, since he doesn't iike tests/his ears are red/bruised.
    You don't want to hold doses too long unless they give you numbers in the range you want - it doesn't take long for glucose toxicity to set in. Even with the 97 on this dose, there is room for an increase with TR (@Wendy&Neko please correct me if I am wrong). You want him spending more time in lower numbers so he gets used to them.

Dkshin89 likes this.
  6. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

aha, I will definitely do that from next time and correct the spreadsheet. I brought the first pen, whne he was in ultrasound since I had to bring him to vet early that day. She recommended to use other one since the color was off a bit in safe side. More cloudy?

7. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

Yes, I think I was so eager to see lower number again from yesterday’s green (also 4u) I also think pocking him is getting easier. Like you mentioned first time when I was struggling and feeling bad since his ear was getting reddish, that he will build more capillaries and will get easier. And yes, As I wanted to stay with 5 u since that was the number where I have seen the lowest numbers. But since vet found out that insulin was not in good condition, I hesitated use full dose with new pen.

And I am guessing he is have having a flat boring day today.

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Considering if he was flat and high in the first half of the cycle, it was unlikely he would see better numbers. Yes, his ears will learn to bleed, but it's always good to save pokes and strips when you can :)

You don't want to go back to 5U from 4U. Since he is seeing high green nadirs on 4U, you can increase to 4.25U.
    @Wendy&Neko

Dkshin89 likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

I think the 97 was from the 5 unit depot. And yes, the only way to stop bouncing and glucose toxicity is to increase on a dose that isn't a good one.

Dkshin89 and Bandit's Mom like this.
  10. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

Aha! Ok, I will consider that and let him take a break next time. I do draw out insulin with syringe (pen needle is too short) and for 1/4 unit , like 4.25, should I stop in the middle of 4.5? I have 1/2 unit marked syringe (4 to 4.5 to 5)

11. Dkshin89

Dkshin89 Member

Interesting! 97 was from 4th cycle after changed from 5 unit to 4 unit. Could any unit effect last that long?