4/23 Tiger Amps 309

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deb and Tiger, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

Hello Deb! I hope you have a good day too. I hope this Libre lasts a good time :bighug:

3. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Hi Cecile! Ty! Since we put a shirt on him, they have been lasting almost the full 14 days (knocking on wood). He does pretty good with it and I make sure to give him scratches underneath it which makes his eyes roll back like he’s in heaven. It must feel so good as I’m sure it gets itchy. Also before he goes to the vet for the libre change I let him go without for a while and he licks like a madman!

Hope all is going well with you and Bella today!

cecile & bella and Staci & Ivy like this.
  4. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Hi Deb, sorry for the lack of sleep, I can relate, sadly. Hope today and tonight go better and good luck with the new Libre. So glad he's being much better with them now. Great job!:bighug::bighug:

Deb and Tiger likes this.
  5. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Thanks Staci. It’s such a relief ! It was horrible when we were replacing it so often. Never knowing when it would quit was so stressful!
    Big hugs to you and Ivy!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  6. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Well I jinxed myself! Libre has acted up all evening and vet is closed to replace. Of course it’s showing Tiger falling when it goes out. Not sure I will even get a ps reading and he’s already gone down to 136 today…

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  7. Staci & Ivy

Ugh. I’m so sorry. I know that awful pit in your stomach feeling.
    Can you do an ear prick?

(And I’ve become superstitious and I never say it’s going so well). :arghh:

8. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

Oh no! Now I feel bad too.

9. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

It’s working intermittently……hubby really doesn’t think we need to replace it tonight ( er is open) but he gets to sleep. It’s timing out everytime it drops 30 or more points, which it’s doing. Gonna be a long night..

10. Staci & Ivy

That’s actually not so unusual for it to take a pause when there are sharp drops or big spikes, I have found.

11. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Yes I’ve seen that too but this is way more pauses than I’ve ever seen. The ER messed the last one we had them do so I’m almost thinking im better off with this one until we can get into vet tomorrow. It even skipped the graph lines in the linkup app once, which I’ve never seen. I just don’t trust it for long.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  12. Staci & Ivy

I’ve had lines missing from the app too that never filled in when it skips. I’m sorry it’s skipping, Deb.
    He’s staying in higher numbers, so unlikely he’d go too low or unsafe.
    I hope it works tonight so you can stay calm. Sending you safe vibes :bighug::bighug:

13. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

Ty Staci. I don’t know what’s up, did a reduction yesterday am and had a 136 today and a few other low numbers so makes me stress a bit. If all fails, I’ll feed him!

Staci & Ivy likes this.