? 4/24, Falafel - AMPS 166 +1.75 207 PMPS 185 +2 145 +3.5 75 +4.5 53 - taking the reduction

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thornmallow__, Apr 24, 2024.

1. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Some kitties will nadir earlier if it's a low nadir. Looks like she came up nicely, plus she had subq at +1 which for some cats can lower numbers. TR chose below 50 for a reason - it works.

thornmallow__ likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

4. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

She is at 74 at +11, so I’m wondering if she went lower after I went to sleep?

If she doesn’t go above 100 by AMPS I don’t feel comfortable shooting bc I have never shot green before (well she’s never been green! Lol) and don’t want to do it when I’ll be gone at work all day…

Thoughts? Not sure who would be online rn. Maybe @Bandit's Mom or @Angela & Cleo ?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Diane I’m scared! I was just getting used to the blues!! :nailbiting::p

6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Don't be scared. We have all balked at shooting our first green. Once you get used to it, you will calmly shoot any number over 50. Can you monitor if you shoot? When did she last eat? Btw, I would not take a reduction yet. Blues are nice but greens are what you want.

7. Bandit's Mom

@thornmallow__ the Board was acting up and I think it's fine now - in case you were trying to reply?
    How long till her shot is due?

8. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Yes I was! We have 15 minutes for AMPS. Today I would not have been able to monitor after +1.5 but I just texted my manager asking if I can WFH today. Hopefully she replies soon with a yes.

I think I will shoot today regardless, and leave out MC wet for her during the day if I have to leave? My manager probably won’t wake up for a while but I might just use a sick day if I’m not allowed to WFH.

9. Bandit's Mom

You don't need to wait 15 mins. Why not test now and see where she is at? A 15 mins difference in shot time is fine.
    When did she last eat? She might just bounce from the lows of last night.

10. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

She is at 90 now, she had a couple bites of LC wet at +11 though :oops: she jumped on the shelf where I was hiding her food and snuck a couple bites in before I noticed!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Ok I shot her!! Had to chase her a bit lol. Thanks for talking me through it @Bandit's Mom :bighug:

12. Bandit's Mom

I would shoot the full dose and feed LC and test again at +1 and see if higher carb is needed then.

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Don't be scared , as Bhooma said
    Once you get used to it, you will calmly shoot any number over 50.
    @thornmallow__