? 4/25 Vinnie AMPS 237; 2.5 hours late what to do now?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom Member

In the midst of dealing with my own health issues and another cat having issues, I forgot to do Vinnie's shot this morning and ended up doing it 2 1/2 hours later than normal (noon). He was just starting to stabilize again after we moved and I'm so mad at myself for messing up his schedule. If I do his shot at midnight tonight, I would only be able to get a +1 instead of his normal +3 check. And he was on a much lower dose before the move so my fear is he will drop suddenly one of these days. Any advice on how to best deal with this? Thank you!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You could check his BG at 11:30pm tonight and if he's high enough, go ahead and shoot...then tomorrow you'd shoot at 11:30am/11pm, then 11am/10:30pm, then 10:30am/10pm and you'd be back where you started.

If you can manage to get a +2, that will usually give us a good indication how the rest of the cycle might go and whether you really need to set an alarm to get more tests later in the cycle or not.

Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom likes this.
  3. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom Member