4/5 Cargo PMPS no test, 100@+2, 48@+3, 45@+3.5, 46@4, 53@4.5, 55@5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mel and Cargo, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Good evening,

Cargo has just had a dose increase today and it's dropping him lower than he's been in a while. While I'm happy that the dose might be the highest he's going to need to be, it's unnerving that he's so low. He's a long time diabetic so I know that he needs to get below 40 to earn a dose decrease, however he's very lethargic. I have HC food and karo so I feel like I can handle a potential hypo but can anyone please advise how much/often to be feeding so I can coax a below 40, but only just so I can get him on the way back up?

Thank you!
    Nervous Bean

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Mel, you can also choose to do 3 times below 50 on three different cycles to get a reduction as well, instead of the 1 below 40 if you would rather for a long term diabetic..
    I wouldn’t withhold food to get a reduction either .

Bellasmom and Bandit's Mom like this.
  4. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Thanks @Bandit's Mom and @Bron and Sheba (GA) ! I didn't know I could lower the dose with the 3 cycles below 50! Should I put him back to 2.25 for now?

I have fed him a tablespoon of HC every half hour to try to raise him up. Should I continue with that until we're out of the woods?

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

You need to keep up the testing and HC until he is over 50. Then you can switch to low carb and keep testing to see he stays up.
    He hasn’t technically earned a reduction. He will need two more under 50 or the one under 40.

6. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Ack, I just fed HC after his latest test at 53! Oops! Ok, I'm about to test again in 10 minutes and assuming it's above 50 I'll feed LC. Thanks! I love knowing these thresholds so I don't have to be such a bother with all my questions. :)

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

You aren’t a bother:)
    It’s all in the yellow sticky TR

Mel and Cargo and Bandit's Mom like this.
  8. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

So nice to see Cargo getting back to better numbers:D

Mel and Cargo likes this.