4/8 Cinnamon AMPS 212

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bennie Valites, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Bennie Valites

Bennie Valites Member

I will do my first curve Sat. would do it tomorrow but Cinnamon will be at the vet. She is having problem with the hind legs say a prayer. Thanks

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Here is the link to your last thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/low-numbers.245827/#post-2774980
    We always post a link to our last thread/condo, for continuity.

I'm sorry to hear about Cinnamon's hind legs. I will say prayers for her.
    Are her hind legs weak? Do you think it could be diabetic neuropathy? It happens in diabetic cats. Butters had it and has recovered. Here is a link to a post about feline diabetic neuropathy. I'm interested to know if this sounds like it could be Cinnamon.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good luck with your vet visit.

4. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Good luck at the vet, and good work getting the title and signature going! :)

5. Bennie Valites

Bennie Valites Member

Thanks for prayer we both thank you. Whan 2 or more pray he is with us. I do not understand about the link i clicked it and it took me to a my posts. ( We always post a link to our last thread/condo, for continuity. ) Just not sure what you are trying to tell me. What is a thread?

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You forgot to link your previous post. It’s not in your first post today. This is a thread or in FDMB lingo a condo.

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Adding prayers for your beautiful Cinnamon, and you. Tina also had terrible neuropathy, and recovered.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

A thread is just your daily post on this forum, plus any other comments that appear below that (when people reply or comment on your original post or even when you comment on your own post)... that's a thread. Here on the FDMB, that is the same thing as what people call a "condo." Okay?

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I will pray for Cinnamon. I pray for lots of the cats on this board!
    Now, about Cinnamon's back legs. Please do read the information about feline diabetic neuropathy. I have seen cats who could barely walk from this and then they start receiving the supplement called Zobaline or methylcobalamin (also called methyl B-12) and these cats completely recovered the use of their back legs and could jump again just as normal. It is not a drug, but simply a form of vitamin B-12. This can be purchased from Amazon or iLifeLink. This information (and more) is all in the link labeled "feline diabetic neuropathy" above. Are you able to open it?

Here, since you said the link took you back to your own post... I'll try to link it here... let's see if this will work with the whole url inserted into this message...

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...europathy-weak-back-legs.178252/#post-2172382

try clicking that?

10. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hope the vet visit goes well - here's a video on one cat's recovery from diabetic neuropathy - Jax had it too, but mild - it resolved with regulated diabetes and zobaline.

11. carmel

carmel New Member

Hi, I watched this video and it gave me such hope when my cat was at his worst point with neuropathy. I have not used the forum but felt on my heart to share some hope. I have Scrappy my beautifully sweet black/white big male kitty who at his worst had to be carried to the litter box because it was so difficult for him to walk. He was diagnosed with diabetes August 2020, and presented with neuropathy shortly after that. I started him on Lantus, his diet is Hill's md dry and Purina DM canned. Was not thrilled about putting him on either because I thought there were other better alternatives but I decided to go with vet's advice and it did turn out to be for the best. His vomiting and loose stools stopped on this diet and he does seem to be much stronger. I put him on 5000mcg of Methyl B12 daily per my vets recommendation for the neuropathy. I was not that hopeful at first.... that's when I saw this video which left me in tears of hope. Scrappy is now I would say 90%+ improved... almost completely normal. I am so greatful for each day he improves. I hope your kitty improves as well. If you purchase over the counter be sure it does NOT have sugar or xylitol (xylitol is toxic to pets). It did take several months of getting his glucose regulated before seeing improvement. So don't get discouraged, be patient and have hope. You both are in my prayers.