? 4/8 Max AMPS 253 +4 415 +8 386 +10 332 PMPS 341 +2 166 +3 86 +4 89 + 5 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

If someone could, I need some help with Max. I’m not sure what’s happening. He’s been bouncy as usual. I’ve kept his same dose of 6.75. He is diving fast tonight though. He had LC at PMPS, MC @+2 (trying to slow down the dive) and he is 86 about 30 minutes ago at +3. Maybe I shouldn’t have but I gave him HC at +3 because it’s early in the cycle and I don’t know where he’s headed. I really need some opinions about what’s going on and how to manage this going forward tonight if possible. I haven’t been on much lately because I’m caring for my son who had surgery on Tuesday. Please and thanks a bunch. @Wendy&Neko @FrostD @Bandit's Mom @tiffmaxee @Marje and Gracie or anyone else who can advise.

2. Max & Lori

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I hope your son is doing well post surgery.

If the +3 was 86 it should be green. He’s clearing the bounce tonight and it was fine to feed mc at +2 to slow him down. That is what I would have done. At +3 I probably would have tried mc but he was dropping fast so hc was okay. See what the hc does at +4.

The +4 this afternoon was the high before the clearing.

FrostD likes this.
  4. Max & Lori

Okay I will fix the SS. Thanks so much Elise. I'm getting ready to check his +4 now.

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Wow max!

Elise had you covered, hope he lets you get at least some sleep tonight and hope your son recovers well

Max & Lori likes this.
  6. Max & Lori

Okay @tiffmaxee @FrostD, he is 89 @ +4. He had the HC one hour ago. What should I do now? Feed him or recheck in another hour after the HC wears off? Not complaining but it figures this would happen when I've not had any sleep and have not sat down all day. I'm so glad he's clearing the bounce though.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The hc kept him flat. What do you think about giving him some mc now? How late can you stay up? If you are too exhausted feed a mix of hc and mc or even just hc.

Max & Lori likes this.
  8. Max & Lori

Gosh I am tired, but I really would like to see him surf in green. It's just hard to know what he will do isn't it? I will give him some MC and see what it does. I can stay up a couple more hours.

tiffmaxee and FrostD like this.
  9. Max & Lori

@ +5 he is at 99.

FrostD likes this.
  10. Max & Lori

I’m not going to feed him anymore right now. @FrostD would it be helpful in preventing another bounce if I gave him some LC in his feeder some time tonight? If so, when? He usually doesn’t eat again after his last check but then he has bounced the next day. I’m just wondering if that would help. What do you think?

11. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Good boy! It's a bit of a hard call, I'm not quickly seeing many similar cycles to compare it to. It's possible he may still keep sliding down, but with such a big early dive I hope he'll kind of flatten out.

I guess test in an hour and go from there?

Max & Lori likes this.
  12. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

No harm in leaving snacks, but I don't think it will prevent a bounce...I suspect a bounce was written in the cards with the drops to +2 and again to +3

Max & Lori likes this.
  13. Max & Lori

Okay that sounds good.

14. Max & Lori

Eeesh…that’s what I thought. I don’t know if Max will ever stop bouncing! Thanks so much!

FrostD likes this.
  15. Max & Lori

He’s 130 now so I think he is going to bounce. Thanks so much for the help Elise and Melissa. Going to get some sleep.

tiffmaxee and Bandit's Mom like this.