4/9 Jasper AMPS 399 / +4.5 192 /+5.5 164 /+6.5 152 /7.5 171 / +9 263

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

About 80% sure it wasn't a fur shot last night... but maybe it was a partial furshot? lol He did act weird like he only acts when he's on insulin last night, but not as much or as long as usual...

Anyway, going to give .75 a try today since he's high enough for it at amps and the amount he eats around nadir keeps him from getting low anyway.

Wish us luck.

Ugh...forgot these syringes don't have .25 markers lol... so... he got something in between .5 and 1...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  2. Jasper Blue and Jay

Well it would seem he's feeling the extra .25 or whatever it is...

He's acting a bit more hallucnatey and is a bit unsteady on his feet... rocking a bit after every movement, even just turning his head... and walking weird... and now he's just restless all of a sudden...walking around like he's confused about where he wants to be...

We had a hard time getting blood this am so I don't want to stress him out with a test for no reason but... probably going to have to if he doesn't start acting semi normal in a few...

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Have you read the information about ketones/DKA? When a cat is in high numbers over a long period of time like this, more damage is being done. In addition, the risk of ketones goes up. Please make sure you are testing for ketones quite often until you get his numbers into better range. I'm growing increasingly concerned about DKA since you seem to be describing more and more secondary symptoms.

4. Jasper Blue and Jay

He's at 192 at +4.5 ....which makes me nervous for nadir... normally I wouldn't be because he eats well at nadir but...

There has been chicken lol... and whenever there is something special, even the purebites... they start to turn their noses up at their regular food...

I'm going to try to get him to eat some now... Just to try to keep his numbers as level as possible to prevent any kind of bounce from "too low too fast" or "low for him" etc.

Although...is 50% lower at +4.5 already too fast? :( ...

5. Jasper Blue and Jay

+5.5 = 164... he ate about an hour ago... I'm getting nervous for nadir which seems to be sometimes as late as +8 for him...

New batch of strips started at +6.5:confused:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

You want those lower numbers keep up good work and make sure to test for ketones
    No need for MC food at that number

7. Jasper Blue and Jay

I only do his regular food or zero carb things like chicken/sardines.

Bellasmom likes this.