4/9 Luci AMPS 197

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Good Morning everyone and Happy Friday!

Luci has had a pretty good week this week with a few visits to the lagoon and at least some better numbers - no pinkies LOL!

Today we're going to be away for a big chunk of the day - DH wants to take a drive to a nearby town - so Luci will be here guarding the lanai and enjoying the auto-feeder regular dispensing of her favorite foods.

Of course she starts today with a nicer than usual number and I'll be able to get a test one more time before we leave - but she'd better be a good girl today.

I hear ya'll asking about how to handle your kitties numbers when you need to go to work - and this is a method - test early, test again before you leave - feed accordingly. Leave food available (an auto feeder works wonderfully for this)...the most important thing is that kitty has food available to eat - helps keep those numbers up. Get as many tests as you can when you get home.

Lots of people have to work and have to leave the house for other reasons - we can't all be hostages to our kitties...or to the COVID restrictions things are opening up and employers are asking people to come back into the workplace...

Here's a link to how to handle TR while you have a fulltime job. https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ion-possible-with-a-full-time-job-yes.129378/

Have a great day everyone! I hope your kitties surf safely! Continued thoughts and prayers to @Our Dolly Girl's mama Adrienne as she recovers from her fall and subsequent surgery.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci surfs safely today. Enjoy your day trip.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Surf safely Luci, hold down the fort today. Enjoy your day :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yes, excellent point Sue.
    Whenever I have to go out, I leave a plethora of snacks for Butters in the autofeeder. I let the numbers of earlier tests dictate that to some degree. Since my crystal ball still isn't working, I err on the side of caution and always add more carbs than I think she might need. Better too high for a day than too low for a minute, as we say.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I remember reaching out to you when i first started here being like... just HOW do you work and follow TR?!

but you're right! I do the same as you, get up - test - feed - shoot... get ready for work, test before I head out the door... test again right when I'm back through the door at the end of the day! Mowgli has been doing great with this method!

I see Luci is still following her same patterns! start the morning in a sunny lemon tree and a small dip to the lagoon mid cycle, she looks great!!

Hope you're doing well Sue :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you Amanda! Yes, it's a tried and true method - food, food and more food is typically the trick to keeping these kitties on the right side of those shark infested lagoon waters - Luci was a little higher last night than usual...but she appeared to be well fed when we got home. She had certainly had a fun filled day watching the birds and snoozing on the sunny lanai...she likes it when she has full run of the place and no one to chastise her for laying on the counters!

Glad to hear Mowgs is still doing well! I hope your new (well not so new now)...job is going well! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

AmandaE likes this.