5/10 Jack 153@AMPS, 89@+3-slight increase to 7.75u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, May 10, 2023.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

So Jack had more pate than usual this morning. Maybe he likes 9Lives chicken better than the Friskies or FF, who knows. He did have some kibble, but not as much as usual. I did increase the dose slightly to 7.75units to see if we can get out of that late afternoon yellow phase. Yesterday though he went to 73 @ +3hrs and ended up with 3 naughty Friskies Party Mix treats because I had to leave the house and was worried he would go even lower. I can't quite figure him out, and even though the kibble plays a big part, just when I think I know what his body is going to do, it doesn't. Oh well, I guess that's the way FDM goes.

yesterday's thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-9-jack-92-amps-still-holding-7-5u.277364/#post-3070350

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

From yesterday
    Manufacturers are allowed some variance in accuracy, depending on the country. I think it's around 20% in the US. So you can get some variability in the numbers but still all "the same" if that meter variance, or 20% variance is taken into consideration.

How low do you want his nadirs to go, below 73? Just hoping the increase doesn't push him too low.

3. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for the clarification on the meter. I don't really want the nadir to go below 73, I was just hoping a tiny bit more might bring the late afternoon yellow numbers down into the blue range. It seems like the insulin is wearing off quickly in the afternoon. Maybe the levemir would be a good idea if the onset is delayed? I just don't know what my schedule is going to be and if I switch now, and have to run to NY, Jack would be in trouble. I just don't know what the best thing for him is. Thanks again, I really appreciate your input and information