5/11 Jack 82@AMPS, 78@+4hrs, back down to 7.5u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, May 11, 2023.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

So we are back to 7.5 units after only 1 day (2 cycles) on the 7.75 units because he was 82 this morning and ate more pate than kibble. I really hope he doesn't climb up into the yellow range again this afternoon. I increased to 7.75u yesterday since he was higher in the AM, and was hoping a tiny bit more would keep him out of the yellows, but no suck luck. Also no luck with the freeze dried treats at Petsmart by me, so will be ordering those online. I think I'm also going to invest in a case of 9Lives pate. Jack seemed to enjoy the few cans I put out for breakfast yesterday (a friend gave them to me) which is really odd since the entire herd had rejected 9Lives pate when Mopem was diagnosed a few years ago- that's why I get mainly FF and Friskies, aside from the numerous more expensive options Jack will only pick at- or in some cases ignore completely. Maybe he just wants variety. Maybe he just likes the 9Lives chicken pate better than the FF (weirdo)...who knows. All I know is he needs to not be a scooch the next few days, since I'm going to NY again to see my mom and I'll be out all day Saturday and lucky if I manage to get home in the 12 hour window. He'll have a neighbor to peek at him, but still no one willing to learn how to really care for him and the diabetes properly. Oh well, I guess we should just take our green numbers so far today and be happy.

Yesterday's thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-10-jack-153-amps-89-3-slight-increase-to-7-75u.277401/

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Christine, I hope Jack continues to like the 9 lives . I really wish you had someone to test Jack while you're away. Don't be a scooch Jack!
    Are there any other flavors of the 9 lives you can also try to give him a variety .
    How were his numbers tonight?:bighug::bighug:

3. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

Jack gave me a good day, almost like a gift yesterday. He stayed blue and green all day; we did have 191 before bed, but no yellow, which is what I have been telling him, so I went to sleep a happy camper. I'm going to order a mixed flavor case of the 9Lives pate, like I said it's weird he ate it so well, he had previously stuck his nose in the air about it and a friend's cat is going on the special urinary formula food, so she gave me the 6 cans she had left, and so I figured, what the heck, I'll try it. He LOVES variety, which is a big part of the problem with his diet change/BG numbers, but I love the scooch, so we continue to just do our best. :bighug:back!

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

He did awesome yesterday ! that made me very happy for you both!
    That's a nice start this morning also (5-12) . Give us another great day Jack .
    Have a nice day Christina :bighug::cat:

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.