? 5/12, Ivy, AMPS 347, 348 +1, 326 +2, 276 +3, 289 +4; TR Dosing questions

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, May 12, 2023.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Previous post
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ing-new-dose-5-9-do-i-shoot-new-to-tr.277393/

Wondering if I should increase Ivy’s Lantus dose tomorrow? Today is day 4 at 3 units, following TR.
    Two days ago (after 2 cycles on new dose) she had a low, for her, at morning dose time. Quickly diving numbers at AMPS, dropped to 54 on Freestyle Libre 3 (106 on Contour meter)
    (Watched the drop closely on libre 3 and double checked on contour one hand held.)
    Gave 1/2 dose at +1, bounced up all day and yesterday. Still high today.
    Could she still be bouncing high from two days ago?
    Would I increase her dose tomorrow or wait for these bounces to clear? When should I increase dose by .25 unit?
    Thanks!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s probably a combo of less insulin and a bounce. The count starts over with the reduced dose so see where you are at after 10 cycles on 3 units because you saw blue fur the first time on this dose . Today is the third cycle.

3. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

This am was actually the 4 th dose at 3 units (after the reduced dose). Do you mean we go 10 cycles at 3 units (that would take us to Monday night dose coming up). Is that correct? @tiffmaxee

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes it’s 10 cycles. But only because you saw lower numbers than you have at this dose and he’s not new to blue.

Staci & Ivy likes this.