5/12 Jack: 164@AMPS, holding 7.5u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, May 12, 2023.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

Jack gave me a good day, almost like a gift yesterday. He stayed blue and green all day; we did have 191 before bed, but no yellow, which is what I have been telling him, so I went to sleep a happy camper. He did wake up with a 164 this morning at AMPS, but I have to go pick his sister Sage up from the hospital (3 hrs round trip) today, plus work, so I'll be out most of the day and not able to monitor if I gave him the 7.75 units so we may see a higher BG day than I'd like, but, better higher than lower, I guess. He did have a buffet of pate/ziwi peak/kibble this morning, so throwing the ziwi peak back in may also affect him. So many variables with this food nonsense, just whacks his numbers out so easily. But, he's a cat, and I love him, even if he is a major scooch and the King of the Picky Beasts, so we will just plod along, doing our best. :blackeye:

I'll be traveling back to NY this weekend, and not sure if I will get to post. I still have not found a willing victim/volunteer to test or administer insulin to Jack so paws crossed he stays steady and doesn't try to give his mom a heart attack when the neighbor pops in to do a visual check and reports back. :nailbiting:

Wishing all the amazing pet (and human) moms out there a very happy Mother's Day. May your furry and/or human children grant you a happy and peaceful weekend. :bighug:

Yesterday's thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...8-4hrs-back-down-to-7-5u.277436/#post-3070861

Deb and Sylvester likes this.
  2. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

Happy Mother's Day Christine!!

Jack, you behave yourself!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Christine, Jack did awesome yesterday, and a nice start this morning . I'm sure Sage will be so happy to be home. 3 hours round trip yuck.
    Let me know how Sage is when you have a chance.
    If you don't post tonight ,safe travels to tomorrow, you will be home Saturday night right ? and Happy Mother's Day to you :bighug::bighug::cat:

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.