? 5/13 Chispa, 123 AMPS, 49 +5, 55 +5.5, 73 +6

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karen and Chispa, May 13, 2023.

1. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    Reason for edit: Forgot link
  2. Karen and Chispa

We are limey again, even on the reduced dose! I know it’s the old depot, but I’m still surprised.

Here’s my question: She used to make it easy for me to know if she was dropping too fast or (especially) too low by meowing up a storm until I fed her, and then eating ravenously and continuing to meow until her BG came up again. Today I didn’t test until +5 because a realtor had come over to help me find someone to rent my place. Chispa was sitting quitely under the table and there was food in her dish, so there was no reason to worry. She meowed a few times before the realtor left, but it wasn’t the insistent MEEEEOWWWWW that means NOWWWWW!!! So the 49 came as a real surprise.

She used to start getting meowy when she got to the low 60s and turn up the volume as the numbers fell, but nowadays she can get to to the low 50s before she lets me know. Is that a sign of progress??

Also, it concerns me that she was meowing even though there was food in her dish. Does low BG make them sluggish and not want to get up? Or was she having a senior kitty moment?

I am perplexed by this creature. Insights appreciated!

3. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

Sans the lime, I hope you and Chispa are having a good day! Warm and cloudy here in NY!:bighug:

Karen and Chispa likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Karen , glad to see that Chispa came up @+6, I hope someone comes a long and might have an answer to your question :bighug::bighug::cat:

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It could be Chispa is getting more comfy in the 50's, so that's why she's not as insistent on food then. I once tested Neko, sound asleep, in the 30's. That's why I shudder when people say they've been monitoring their cat by looking at them. Glad you caught it when you did!

6. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

I too was thinking maybe Sweetie Chispa is getting used to the lower BG. Looks like she is doing so awesome!
    We are having a thick cloud evening- wait! I just heard a rumble. Storm may be coming our way, yikes!
    Hope Chispa continues to sail nice and safe! :bighug:

7. Carole & Indigo

Carole & Indigo Well-Known Member

Indi used to be the same way when he was lower, now he can be snoring away even in lower numbers! I feel like he is more comfortable when he is low now, he will let me know is he is really diving though. :)

8. Karen and Chispa

Thank you all! @Wendy&Neko and @Carole & Indigo it’s useful to know that we can’t assume they are ok just because they are content and quiet. Chispa must be getting used to the lower numbers, because she was a total drama queen about them up until now!:p