5/13 Ivy, amps 368, 353+1, 319 +2, 248 +3, 255 +4, 265 +5, 317 +6, 342 +7

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, May 13, 2023.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

previous post
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...89-4-tr-dosing-questions.277471/#post-3071011
    Happy weekend everyone.
    Ivy is on cycle 6 of 3 unit dose of Lantus (after a low dive for her on Wednesday 5/11/23).
    She’s definitely bounced high after that low amps number and 1/2 dose (50’s on Libre 3, 106 on Contour meter). She’s still Riding mostly high. Took a dip down to mid 200s this morning @+3 to +5 and now back up again 388 @ +7.5.
    She seems to repeat this bouncing pattern each day on this dose @+3 to +5 after her am dose.

She gets a 1-2 ounce snack at +3 (and if needed +4 if she’s really dropping) of her normal lc 6% food, both am and pm.

Anyone have any insight or thoughts? Should I be doing anything in particular (with food?) or just monitor closely with her Freestyle Libre?
    Thank you. :)

Last edited: May 13, 2023
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If you don’t see blue or green tonight I would up her dose to 3.25. I would also start shooting a full dose at lower BG, if you want to follow TR, eventually you will shoot any BG over 50. That 175 was a safe number to shoot.

3. Staci & Ivy

I’m confused, @tiffmaxee yesterday you suggested that I hold this dose for 10 cycles to see where she goes with it after the reduced dose on Wednesday.
    The reason I gave a reduced dose was that she was dropping very fast at amps time and went down to 54 on Libre/ 106 on Contour.
    So do I hold the dose or increase?

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It looks like she’s running high. The Libre has been known to give a false low. When a second test is done with an ear prick it’s not that low. The contour reading is not too low. After 6 cycles a bounce will clear. If you don’t see lower bg tonight or by tomorrow morning I would increase but you can wait 10 cycles too. The reason I suggested now is because looking at your ss I am pretty sure the bg was ever 54.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  5. Staci & Ivy

Ok got it. I’ll see how she does tonight and make the call for an increase.
    The Libre seems good to show a close range, that’s why I double checked with Contour.
    She was dropping so fast from the time I checked her initial reading to the time I prepped her food and syringe, her numbers were tanking very fast.
    That’s why I stalled with feeding and her shot and posted for help, to know what to do.

** Question: what would I do the next time I see her dropping very quickly at shot time? @tiffmaxee

Thank you