5/13 Michelangelo AMPS 246, +6/136, +12/58 PMPS 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KPassa, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Previous Condo.

I've been slowly inching Michelangelo out of my room and into the rest of the house by leaving fresh batches of food outside my bedroom door, then in the hallway, then further down the hallway, then partially into the living room, etc.... I have to keep pushing him out of the room far enough that he'll go to eat but not too far where he'll starve himself. :YMSIGH: It's almost like trying to transition a dry food addict to eat wet food: you don't want to starve them, but you do want to use their hunger against them. :roll:

Henry, on the other hand, is now going outside again. ohmygod_smile He is impossible to keep inside and when he is locked up all day, he spends the entire time climbing shelves and kitchen cabinets and swatting at the blinds and meowing pitifully at the doors and windows. I'm not letting him out as much as I used to at the old place, but I do let him roam around for a couple of hours. He's already brought me three lizards in the last couple of weeks since I've been letting him out again. :lol: What different personalities between the two! Mikey won't leave my room unless forced and Henry had already tried getting outside the second day I had moved them in.

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Re: 5/13 Michelangelo AMPS 246, +6/136

Lol yep they are all their own personalities which is why its funny when someone asks how I tell my twins apart. Because Duvessa acts nothing like her brother Myrrdin.

Although I've found my former ferals/outdoor onlys are the ones least interested in going out now. Guess because they've been cold, wet and hungry enough in their lives so now truly appreciate regular meals and a warm soft bed. Its my pampered housecats that want to see what is outside that closed door. Lol

Mel and The Fur Gang

3. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Re: 5/13 Michelangelo AMPS 246, +6/136

So true! Henry has never met a stranger because they're all friends. He will literally just plop down and roll onto his back for belly rubs in the middle of a sidewalk in front of a complete random person (that's how he became BFFs with my old neighbors and I've already heard a couple of new neighbors chatting him up). :YMSIGH: With Mikey, however, I'm always joking about "stranger danger!" because the only way he'll meet a new person is if I physically carry him out. And then he'll run away, crouched down with his tail between his legs back into my room and under my bed. ohmygod_smile

4. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Good thing I'm working from home tomorrow. Lowest pre-shot on Levemir yet, even with stalling an hour.

5. MommaOfMuse

Sounds like you may be setting an alarm tonight. nailbite_smile

Mel and The Fur Gang

6. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

He's actually out in the living room right now, seated on a chair! I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it, but pictures have already been snapped. :lol:

7. LindaMS

LindaMS Well-Known Member

How did Mikey do last night?

8. hollyall

hollyall Well-Known Member

Yes, how did Mikey do? Looks like overall he's been doing great and lovin Levemir. Sounds like he is settling in slowly to his new digs. Can't wait to see the pics. Go Henry... best way to look at life... everyone is a friend. :smile:

9. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

He did fine last night, keeping me up till 3 am. This morning, he was at 101. I gave him his shot and by noon, he was down to 32. :eek: Good thing I'm working from home today. Fed him some medium carb and he's been floating around 120 since. I'm gonna blame this on the heat. Neither he nor Henry eat much when it's hot and they didn't even touch their "overnight" food from last night till I mixed in some of that yummy gravy food at noon trying to get Mikey to eat. :roll:

10. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

202 at tonight's PMPS. Either way, I dropped his dose back to a skinny 1.75. Hopefully he won't throw out any more low numbers on this dose so I can get some sleep and get to work tomorrow!

11. hollyall

hollyall Well-Known Member

Yay Mikey! Sleep and work pretty darn important.

12. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Mikey, what are you doing to me with these low numbers? :YMSIGH: 132 at PMPS and that was delayed because he gave me a 95 at his regular PMPS. And he's been in a rotten mood all evening, too. He's bit me twice and clawed me three times. I'm still blaming this insufferable heat. Everyone is miserable.

13. MommaOfMuse

Send so of that heat this way I'm freezing my hiney off. We have a frost advisory out for the third night in a row!!

Mel and The Fur Gang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.