5/13 - Shen - AMPS 97, +2 70, +3 49, +3.75 67, +5 55, +6.25 70, PMPS 97, +2 118, +4 81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nimi S, May 13, 2023.

1. Nimi S

Nimi S Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

The depot takes 4-6 cycles to adjust to a reduction, so this is still the higher depot at play. You would not take a back-to-back reduction with TR for that reason.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  3. Nimi S

Nimi S Member

Gotcha.

For some reason, I thought that whenever a dose is changed, it leads to a reset and the previous dose's depot stops influencing the next one.
    Does a reset hold true only for skipped doses or dramatically different doses?

He's now 67 at +3.75.
    Fed him 2 tsps of his food at +3.5 as well.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

A skip or a token dose will drain/disrupt the depot and you will need to give it 6-8 cycles to rebuild.

Nimi S likes this.
  5. Nimi S

Nimi S Member

I don't know if Shen's done dropping yet.
    Should I keep testing and feeding every hour till +9/+10 to be safe?

I thought maybe I was feeding him too little but we're almost through 3 pouches (85 g, 64 kcal each) of his usual wet food, out of the 4 he needs per day.
    Gave him honey + treat (along with food) when he was at 49 at +3 and treat (along with food) when he was at 55 at +5.

6. Bandit's Mom

62, 70 and 66 are pretty flat given meter variance. Take a break. You can always get a test at +10 to ensure he isn't doing a double dip.

Nimi S likes this.