5/21 Dose Advice AMPS 113 +11 130 PMPS 133 +2 108 +4 126 +5 108

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Evey, May 21, 2024.

1. Evey

Evey Member

5/20 AMPS 133 PMPS 142 +2 137 +3 110 +4 95 +8 94 | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB

Evey changed her sensor on May 18. This is the 3rd day I'm using the new sensor but the Libre still tested off compared to the handheld. I tested her twice with handheld. PMPS was 100 on Meter but 133 on Libre. PM+4 was 99 on Meter but 126 on Libre. I wrote both numbers in the SS. I don't know what to do and which number i should based on.

As you can see from the picutres, her BG had been under 108(6) for most of the time before getting a new sensor. But after she got the new sensor, she has been above 108 (6). Also, She has been on 0.25U for 12 days. Does she need to adjust her dose?

图片3.png
    图片4.png

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  2. Evey

Evey Member

Another question about how to reduce the dose. I found on Tilly's Diabetes Homepage - Diabetes in Cats - Lantus Protocol (tillydiabetes.net) and it says:
    A newly diagnosed diabetic cat earns an reduction if BG drops below 50. In that case, the 2nd and the 3rd point seems contracdicting each other. Can anyone explain this? I don't really understand. When does a cat can only earn an reduction by the rule of "the nadir glucose concentration is 40 - <50 mg/dl at least three times on separate day"?

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I would go by the meter and not the Libre.

From the sticky on earning reductions:

REDUCTIONS:

Newly diagnosed diabetics - less than one year since diagnosis
    • reduction *earned* after a single drop below 50 mg/dL and following TR, or
    • reduction *earned* after 3 drops between 40 - 50 mg/dL on three separate days for kitties who have shown they do not hold reductions well and following TR, or
    • reduction *earned* when the cat regularly has its lowest BGs in the normal range of a healthy cat (50 - 80 mg/dL) and stays under 100 mg/dl overall for at least one week and following TR.
    Reminder: *earning* reductions and starting OTJ trials

Let me know if you still have questions :)

4. Evey

Evey Member

I missed this article. Thank you as always~ I feel that Evey is stuck in the 0.25U. She doesn't earn any reduction or need any increase. Should I just keep giving her 0.25U?