5/21 Ivy Amps 400, +3 235, +6 163, +9 253, Pmps 240, +2 221, +4 166 Libre

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, May 21, 2024.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

5/20/24
    Amps 400 Libre (ouch)
    Good morning,
    We had an active a.m. cycle yesterday and a PM cycle that started to be active and then fizzled out and bumped up. (I got in bed for 4 hours last night, it was brief, but wonderful).
    Perhaps she was reacting to the lows she saw yesterday in the a.m.

Starting today off with a very high AMPS today, we’ll see where we go from here :facepalm:

We are seeing a new vet on Friday. (I actually saw him about a year and a half ago one time).

We’re gonna try him again. I’m hoping he has a little more insight into managing diabetes and hyperthyroid along with CKD.
    My current vet seems to think Ivy’s CKD looks great and I think she’s not understanding that the hyperthyroid is most likely making the CKD look better than it actually is, so I’ll be curious to see what this guy has to say.

Hope everyone has a safe day.
    :cat:

2. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Good morning Staci,
    Looks like Ivy took a hike after having a good day yesterday, but she's already on her way down!
    Good luck with the new vet - I think it's extremely important that we work with vets who truly appreciate the complexity of FD and other related conditions!
    And our babies depend on us to look for one. It is so nice that you are actively seeking better care to help Ivy :):):)
    Hope Ivy comes down gently today and get you a series of nice greens! Have a lovely day, Staci :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  3. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

Hi Stacy! Good luck with the new vet. i hope Ivy likes him.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  4. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Good meowning Staci and Ivy!!!
    Looks like she pulled out that old, rusty trampoline.
    Luckily I see she's coming down so hopefully she'll make her way nice and easy.
    Good luck with the new vet. I hope you like him more and he's hopefully more knowledgeable.

Wishing you both a beautiful and hopefully sunny tuesday.

upload_2024-5-21_11-35-48.png

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  5. Staci & Ivy

Hi Kit, thanks for your support, I am so frustrated by the care we are/are not receiving. We will try yet again.

She's pretty flat so far today. ( you know what that means....) I hope you and your gang all have a great day, Kit :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Cecile, I appreciate your good wishes!! WE need them.
    Ivy hates all vets, btw....lol.;)
    Have a great day.:bighug::bighug:

cecile & bella likes this.
  7. Staci & Ivy

Hi Karolina, she did pull it out again after being so green yesterday. Very cute graphics of sunny yellow flowers.
    Thanks for the good wishes, I hope he is a better fit (if that exists given all the many complexities of Ivy).:rolleyes:
    Wishing you and Nestle and Peanut a lovely day:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  8. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Oh Staci, that was a short night again! I wish you luck with the new/old vet! I hope he has more insights and also knows how to handle Ivy well. So good for Ivy, you are so well informed about the management of her disease and know how to take the vets advice. And good doctors appreciate informed patients and are open for discussions. I keep my fingers crossed! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  9. Staci & Ivy

Hi Heike, Yes, it was a short (or long night) depending on how you look at it. On;y a few hours in bed :(
    I do hope this vet is more attuned to her issues. We shall see. Thanks for your kind support!
    Sending you good wishes and hugs for you and Binie:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  10. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Nice to hear you got some sleep and in your bed, no less!
    Good luck with the "new" old vet. A second opinion for your questions and concerns certainly can't hurt and may even give some clarity.

Hopefully, you'll get some sleep tonight, too. :bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Staci, good luck with the vet on Fri thst you saw last year. I hope he will be a better fit for Ivy and will be knowledgeable. I hope you can sleep in your bed tonight :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  12. Staci & Ivy

Thank you, Janet. We need some good luck. Appreciate your nice wishes. Hope you and Purrl have a nice night, too. With good sleeps! :bighug::bighug:

JLS12 likes this.
  13. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Diane, we hope it’s a good visit, too. Paws crossed. Hope you are doing well. Have a nice night, too :bighug::cat::bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  14. Fistuk & Shelly

Fistuk & Shelly Well-Known Member

Hi Staci :)
    Good luck with the vet. I hope he's a good one! and we know what we want him to be to qualify as good ... :p
    Not easy to find a vet that knows enough about diabetes and CKD. But if he's open enough to learn from you as well that is great.

I hope you manage to catch up with some sleep. Sounds like Ivy kept you on your toes for a while now. I really sympathise, I know how tough it is to suffer continuously from luck of sleep :bighug:

I saw in the SS that Ivy had a lot of action. I hope she find her balance soon and drop the pink zone.
    Sending you both love and hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  15. Staci & Ivy

Hi Shelly, thank you for your support as always. Ivy and I appreciate you. We also hope that the vet brings some positivity to the table. I’ll definitely let you know.
    I wish I was able to find a home vet like you have. I can’t seem to find anybody who has any holistic modalities, who does that around here. Plus she makes it extra difficult because she needs sedation and if she needs injection sedation to do blood draws, they won’t do that in a home visit from the few I’ve spoken to. She makes things more complicated unfortunately. ;)
    Wishing you and the boys a good day. :)
    Thanks for checking in. It’s nice to see you. Hugs and love back to you :bighug::bighug::bighug: