? 5/21 Malcolm PMPS 189

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Malcolm & Heidi, May 21, 2024.

1. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-17-malcolm-amps-195.290103/?#post-3179999
    Malcolm has had numbers in the 100s all day. He's been acting off. Not sure what is going on. If its something to do with him having low numbers, or his acromelegy (going to be getting cabergoline this week, hopefully) But he's just been stagnant and will stand in one spot like he's unable to move (he got stuck behind my tv console this morning) he's been eating a little today, just one and 1/2 FF 3 oz can. I just fed him with a syringe before his shot so he'd have something in his stomach. Should I still give him 9 units? Or reduce it since he had numbers in the 100s all day. Thanks.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What an awesome cycle today!:cool::cool:

I'm glad you shot the full 9 units. He was going up into PMPS. A reduction is earned with SLGS if they go below 90, and he hasn't done that yet. Get a +2, to see where he's going to go next.

He's probably feeling really odd in all those lovely blues. I equate high blood sugar to someone used to many cups of coffee a day. They get used to it. Take away the coffee (high BG) and they feel out of place. Eventually he'll get used to lower numbers again, and feel bad in the higher numbers. He'll also be eating less because he's in better numbers and getting the nutrition from his food.

Malcolm & Heidi likes this.
  3. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

Ok. Good to know. I wasn't sure if I should shoot the full amount or not, but I did think it would be ok since he was going up at the PMPS.
    I forgot you and others had mentioned the reduction at 90. I'll keep him at 9 this week and keep testing.
    I kind of had a feeling he's acting this way due to new low numbers. I'm about to test him since it's coming up on +2.
    And good to know about why he's not eating much. I was worried. Thank you!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  4. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

Well he's 301 at PM+ 2. Not sure why that is... I guess he's bouncing? Or I might have given him a FS? I don't think I did, but he was laying on his bed under the table so it was kind of hard to get to him. I felt his fur afterwards like I always do, and it didn't feel wet.
    He's now eating what he didn't eat on his own before his PM shot so that's good.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He's just bouncing from that stretch of blues today. Enjoy a night of uninterrupted sleep! :)

6. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

Good to know! Thanks again!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

I hope Malcolm feels better today, Heidi. Nice blues yesterday. Hope he sees them again, soon.:cool::cool:
    Have a safe surf and a good day :bighug::bighug:

8. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

Thank you! He was acting strange again today when I woke up. But I just tested and his AMPS is at 294. Going to give him his full 9. And he ate a little of his breakfast on his own. We'll see how the day goes

Staci & Ivy and Bandit's Mom like this.