5/21 Mikan AMPS 220, +2 180, +4 152: PMPS 270, +2.5 186, +4.5 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mikanmama, May 21, 2024.

1. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

5/20/24

Good morning.

Not a bad start this morning, but Mikan's been having "meh" cycles lately.
    We'll see how she does, meaning, you know, the covert thing. I'm contemplating the covert operation (The "I" operation) unless she shows strong action today.

Wishing you all a lovely day!

2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Good morning Kit,
    Glad to see you had the massage yesterday and I hope it’s helping you to feel better today. Definitely drink lots of water, that’s really helpful. And take it easy today if you can. Try to be mindful of how you move, I know all that’s so hard to do.
    Did they suggest any exercises you can do to try to ease tension and maybe strength your back as you recover?

Paws crossed for Mikan to see some nice dark greens today due to the potential of the covert “I” mission. :facepalm:

Hope you have a nice day and feel more relaxed as you heal :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Mikanmama

Good morning Staci,
    I feel stiff this morning :p around the neck in particular. She told me to do gentle stretches around my neck and shoulders.
    I also have this spot just inside of my left shoulder blade that acts up when I'm stressed - courtesy of the old car accident injury from the overloaded dump track that couldn't stop :rolleyes:
    I probably need to go back to work on this spot as well. Thanks for the tips - I'll definitely drink more water and take it easy today.
    I recently started strengthening sessions - Staci, I'm so bad at it that I absolutely hate it. But I know it's important. My mom has bad osteoporosis and I'm at risk - gotta protect my bones!

Mikan so far is nice and mellow. I hope nothing drastic this morning - I may have to be at work most of the day. Hope you and Ivy have a great day! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Good meowning Kit and Mikan!
    Another sunny starts. Hopefully the sun convinces her to make her way down to the beach.
    I hope your shoulder/back feels better. I know the struggle. I'm constantly sore from work etc etc.
    Massages are so important as well as stretching.
    I swim these days as well. Swimming is awesome and gentle exercise that works an entire body. I recommend it for you as well.

Wishing you and the furry gang a beautiful and hopefully sunny Tuesday

upload_2024-5-21_11-40-49.png

Fistuk & Shelly and Mikanmama like this.
  5. Mikanmama

Hi Karolina,
    Swimming is one of the best exercises! Glad you are doing it!
    I haven't swum for so long - I wonder if I can float still :p
    As the day goes on, I think my muscles are loosening up a bit and I am feeling better. I just have to stick with the regimen; move, eat well, and sleep.
    Oops, sleep can be hard to get - not enough anyway :p

It's a cooler day today, but sunny here. Blue sky always makes me feel better, too! Hope you and the boys have a lovely day :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Kit, I see Mikan is taking it easy today. I'm glad you got the massage in yesterday. I hope it helped some. .I hope Mikan behaves tonight so you can get to sleep at a decent time. I noticed on your SS you have 196 @+2.5 but in your title you have 186 @+2.5 :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:
    @Mikanmama

Mikanmama likes this.
  7. Mikanmama

Thanks Diane, I fixed the SS.
    Yes, Mikan's going a mellow path today - we'll up the dose tomorrow to 3.5U. Wish us luck!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Wishing you tons of luck :bighug::cat:

Mikanmama likes this.
  9. Fistuk & Shelly

Fistuk & Shelly Well-Known Member

Hi Kit :)
    You gave me a good laugh with the covert operation :p
    I'm sorry to hear you hurt your shoulders. I was catching up with your posts but couldn't find what happened. Hope it's not too serious.
    I agree with Karolina that swimming is a really good recovery movement.
    I'm sure you get lots of advice ;) If you want some support I can offer many tricks and treats... as an ex dancer I know quite a lot about body injuries.
    Wishing you a good relaxation and for Mikan to find her dark greens without the operations :joyful::bighug::kiss:

Mikanmama likes this.
  10. Mikanmama

Thanks Diane! We can certainly use some ;):bighug:

11. Mikanmama

Hi Shelly,
    I think I hurt the back of my shoulder when I was trying to reach down to Mikan by the bathtub. There is a narrow space back there where she hides sometimes. My left side was twisted in a very awkward position. I've done a similar thing before with my right side and it took a few months, so I just have to be patient. Swimming sounds lovely, although I might drown ⠀ For now, I will work with a personal trainer who's been helping me get stronger.
    I didn't know that you were a dancer! That's so lovely. Did you do ballet?

So we are looking to increase Mikan's dose to 3.5U. Hope she can show some progress with this!
    Have a lovely day, Shelly! :bighug::bighug::bighug: