5/22/24 Mazi AMPS 178 +4 91 +6 104 PMPS 205 +3 96

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mazi's Mom, May 22, 2024.

1. Mazi's Mom

Mazi's Mom Member

2. Mazi's Mom

Mazi's Mom Member

This afternoon I got feedback from Mazi's vet regarding my SS data and the data from the Libre sensor.

Mazi's vet said his numbers are really good and he approved of the reductions made. He told me he was fine with making the adjustments I've made and just to keep monitoring closely while making adjustments I doses. That makes me a little more relaxed because I was worried about getting a lecture for taking the reductions in my own hands.

Additionally, he mentioned having Mazi come back at the end of June for a Fructosamine test. He did suggest if Mazi's Fructosamine was low, possibly just giving Mazi one injection a day.

Mazi is happy, doing great, and just excited to see the vet tech on Friday to get his sensor removed so he doesn't have to wear his muscle shirt anymore. He doesn't know it yet, but he has a brand new carrier coming in then mail on Thursday. His new carrier is bigger, more roomier, lots of windows, and comes with a food bowl that attaches to the inside wall. Hopefully, he likes it!

I just wanted to give an update and to thank @Wendy&Neko for your guidance, patience, teachings, and reassurance with helping Mazi and I get to where we are today!

We would still be at a dose that was too high with Mazi experiencing low blood sugars, and back to back rebounds if it wasn't for this page and your guidance. Thank you for helping me, help keep Mazi safe.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Glad to hear the vet visit went well and he agreed with the reductions.

Not sure why you'd bother with a Fructosamine. It gives an average over two weeks but doesn't tell you if it's because it's a mix of highs and lows, or all around the same number.

Lantus doesn't work 24 hours in cats. A LOT can happen between now and end of June.

4. Mazi's Mom

Mazi's Mom Member

The only thing I can think of on why he suggested 1 shot a day is because a few weeks ago he had mentioned to me that Lantus's duration of action is 16 hours.

What are your thoughts on Mazi's preshot BG numbers. Do I still continue to hold the dose?

It seems his numbers keep creeping up. Today's AM cycle would be cycle 6 since his last bounce on the 19th AM cycle.

I can hold Mazis shot till 930pm (20 mins)...If I dont hear from you before then ill just continue with the drop dose.

Update: I gave Mazi the Drop Dose.

I know we don't make dose changes based on preshot numbers, but those numbers that keep creeping up are bothering me.
    @Wendy&Neko

Last edited: May 22, 2024
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Such a good report on Mazi and the vet agreed with you . The carrier you ordered sounds great. I hope he likes it, I'm sure he will. :bighug::bighug::cat:

Mazi's Mom likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good, let's keep it that way and continue to wear the patience pants a bit longer.

7. Mazi's Mom

Mazi's Mom Member

LOL, thank you for your reassurance and patience with me @Wendy&Neko

I was getting used to seeing almost all greens, but yes, I gotta keep patient and be grateful that I am seeing blue and greens with Mr. Mazi and that he is doing well.

Staci & Ivy likes this.