? 5/22/24 WATSON AMPS 273

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rosie Lass, May 22, 2024.

1. Rosie Lass

Rosie Lass Member

Watson went to the vet yesterday for another Libre2 placement. I took a copy of his spreadsheet for the vet to look at. The vet feels it's probably time to go back up to 2 units twice a day (this would be +.25). He was reduced to 1.75 on 5/16 due to a drop below 50 during the night per the Libre sensor.
    Vet also feels he might never be regulated to "normal" numbers.

I would like to do a curve today as I'll be around most all day for testing. What do I look for that tells me I need to increase his dose?

Since the reduction on 5/16 his lowest number with meter testing was 256 and the highest was 342; and with Libre the lowest was 273 and highest was 382. He had a 400+ yesterday right after his vet visit.

YESTERDAY: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-21-24-watson-amps-163.290257/#post-3181013

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

From the sticky on dosing:
    • If nadirs are more than 150 mg/dl (8.3 mmol/L), increase the dose by 0.25 unit
    • If nadirs are between 90 (5 mmol/L) and 149 mg/dl (8.2 mmol/L), maintain the same dose
    • If nadirs are below 90 mg/dl (5mmol/L), decrease the dose by 0.25 unit
    I think an increase is a good idea unless you see a bg under 150 today. If under I still probably would increase as that would only be one under 150.

Rosie Lass likes this.
  3. Rosie Lass

Rosie Lass Member

@tiffmaxee
    Thank you. I’ll increase him tonight to 2.
    His dosage has been up and down like a yo-yo. I wish we could find the sweet spot.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

Max was like that fur about 9 months. It’s quite common with newly diagnosed cats. :bighug:

Bella & Puddin and Rosie Lass like this.
  5. Rosie Lass

Rosie Lass Member

@tiffmaxee but he’s not really newly diagnosed. It’s been over a year. ‍♀️

6. tiffmaxee

Some take longer. I don’t feed having to feed dry food helps but it is what it is.

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase Rosie :bighug::cat:

Rosie Lass likes this.