5/22 Pete (AMPS 377 / +3 247 / +6 126 / +9 85 / +10 75 / +11 74) Unusually low day

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CrazyKaitLady, May 22, 2024.

1. CrazyKaitLady

CrazyKaitLady Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-hi-4-hi-guidance-please.290263/#post-3181191

After a dose increase yesterday morning and a very high day yesterday, Pete is in greens at +9 and +10. I'm hoping he starts going back up at the +11 (Update - +11 is the same as +10). If not, do we ever give a reduced dose at shot time or will I be looking at probably delaying his dose and monitoring past his normal shot time?

I'm resisting the urge to give him a snack because these are low numbers for him, even though I know they're not "too" low at this point. Trying to trust the process haha. Also hoping he doesn't bounce because he has a history of doing that when he hits blue or green.

Last edited: May 22, 2024
    Reason for edit: Added +11 BG
    Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to see he's stopped the drop. With TR, you can shoot anything over 50. There are some technique you can use when getting those preshots lower than you are used to, in here: Tight Regulation: Becoming Data Ready to Shoot / Handle Lower Pre-shot Numbers

Can you monitor tonight? Do you have plenty of test strips and high carb food, just in case?

Today looks like a bounce breaking cycle, where they slide down all cycle. Sometimes that can continue on into the next cycle. This is where getting the occasional +1 can tell you how much of a bump he gets from his mealtime.

Kalliope's Mom likes this.
  3. CrazyKaitLady

CrazyKaitLady Member

I just got a 72 for pre-shot (so that's essentially 3h of flat BG) so I will go ahead and shoot normally?

I will be able to monitor tonight. I'll have eyes on him consistently and can do BGs for the next 3h and also stay up if he's not rising. I do have HC food and Karo on hand if needed.

4. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

Congrats on shooting a :D:D:D:D:D.

5. CrazyKaitLady

CrazyKaitLady Member

Haha thanks! I'm a nervous mama and I delayed a little until +0.5 because he is so much lower than his usual but I think it will be fine. And I'm fortunate that he's an excellent eater so I feel pretty good about handling lows if we do get to that point. Finger crossed!

Staci & Ivy and Angela & Cleo like this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That was a lovely stretch of green today. :D:D And excellent data for your next green preshot.

CrazyKaitLady likes this.