5/22 Tiger Amps High, the Perfect “storm” night

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deb and Tiger, May 22, 2024.

1. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-21-tiger-amps-400-9-5-100.290272/

Last night was anything but what we planned! We had planned on a stressless night of dinner of hot dogs while watching our favorite team play baseball and putting my swollen foot up with an ice pack. The gods had other plans….

First came the weather warnings as we started to cook our hot dogs, severe storms and a tornado watch! So instead of pregame show we were glued to the weather forecaster. As I took my first bite I glanced at the Libre, omg Tiger had dropped from 195 when last I checked to 114 and diving straight down. At about the same time, the wind and rain picked up and hail was hitting our windows. Ended up missing most of the game, eating cold hot dogs and tending to Tiger until bed time.

I don’t know where this sudden drop came from but it was a late nadir that was not responding to carbs very much. Tiger was very persistent in keeping our attention, to say the least. With all that was going on and a 126 reading 30 minutes past normal shot time, and electricity questionable, we decided to skip the dose and just start over this morning.

The weather lasted on and off for hours but no tornado developed. Our electricity flickered but stayed on. Our team won and best of all, my baby is safe and sleeping against my leg as I write this.

Hoping for a quieter day for us and all of you!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

WOW, what a night, Deb. So glad you are all safe!! (My biggest worry when the electricity goes out is the Libre won't send data and in the dark it's rough to ear poke, too).
    I feel lucky we have a finished basement to retreat to when there's scary storms. The first thing I take is Ivy and the insulin in a cooler and flashlights.
    Hope Tiger is doing ok today. That was some timing last night for him to do a drop!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Deb and Tiger likes this.
  3. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((@Deb and Tiger)))))) Good Grief! I read about the tornadoes in the Iowa? Yikes!!! RE: the electricity, we get a lot of power outages here in the PNW. @Wendy&Neko knows what I mean. She is experienced at giving the shots and checking the BG through candle or battery powered flashlight, I was lucky and didn't have to do that but only because the power outages were fixed by shot time! It is a scary situation.:eek::eek::eek: I don't blame you a bit for skipping with all that chaos going on, good to read Tiger was safe on your lap!!!

My contractor is from Nebraska. Said people all have underground shelters/storm protection? He was glad to leave that behind and move out West.

Have a better evening tonight, I hope!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy and Deb and Tiger like this.